Crysis Maximum Edition

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Windows 7
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 21, 2010 1:40:01 PM

hey, i plan on buying Crysis Maximum Edition but i read around that it contains Securom and is bad for your system and will it work with Windows 7 Ultimate x64? is this true? it sound like a good deal $37 for all three crysis games. thanks

More about : crysis maximum edition

January 21, 2010 3:13:47 PM

Hi There,

SecuROM aims to resist home media duplication devices, professional duplicators, and attempts at reverse engineering the game. The use of SecuROM has generated controversy due to the fact that it is not uninstalled upon removal of the game.

Under Windows Vista, SecuROM will prevent the game from running if explicit congestion notification is enabled in Vista's networking configuration.

Disk drive emulators and some debugging software will also cause the launch of the game to fail and a security module error to be generated. In fact a reboot of the entire system was required if Process Explorer prior to version 11 was used before an attempt to run the protected software. That problem was caused by a driver that was kept in memory after Process Explorer was closed.

I dont know if it will work with WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64 but i cant see why it would not.

Cheers,
m
l
!