treo 600 switch?

Does anyone know if you have a treo 600 with tmobile service, is it possible
to switch to verizon serivce?
Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about treo switch

    Not directly. T-mobile's Treo is GSM, and Verizon requires the CDMA version.

    You can, however, sell the T-Mobile Treo on ebay, and sign up with Verizon
    and buy the CDMA version. Cost is still high with Verizon, at $450 with
    a two year contract.

    -Dan

    PS: I have an older Kyocera 7135 palm phone running palm OS 4, and would
    welcome OS 5, but I find the main limiting factor of my current device is
    the screen resoluiton of 160x160. When I found out the Treo also has the
    same 160x160 screen, I lost my desire to upgrade.

    --
    Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
    http://cell.uoregon.edu

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:16:47 -0400, "DL" <DL@dl.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if you have a treo 600 with tmobile service, is it possible
    >to switch to verizon serivce?

    No, you cannot reuse the Treo from T-Mobile. It is GSM on 1900MHz , and
    Verizon is CDMA on 850MHz. It cannot be 'adapted', 'retuned' or modified in
    any way.

    Sell it on eBay, buy a new Verizon phone.

    --
    John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
    This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

Verizon Switch Treo Internet Service Providers