Questions on new install of A7N8X Deluxe.

gymscat

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Hi all,
I just built a new pc with a A7N8X Deluxe. I will be adding my own video card and soundcard.
Do I have do disable the built in video and sound in the bios or will it auto detect the video and soundcard I add?
Also are there are any bios tweaks I should know if I am going to connect it to a wireless router using one of the built-in LAN connectors?
I am running a 2500+ CPU. What CPU External frequency speed do I use? It shows the CPU at 2500+ at the POST screen with it currently set to 200. Should I leave it there if I don't want to overclock?
Is it worthwhile installing PC Probe?
Thanks much for any info.

Gary

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
The A7N8X does not have onboard video. There should be nothing to disable there. If you are going to install a sound card,the onboard sound should be disabled though. (I dont know why you are going to use a sound card. The Sound Storm chip is a VERY good chip) I dont my Comp in front of me to tell you exactly what needs to be done, but disable anything that has to do with sound, midi, game port, ect. The Barton 2500+ runs at a 333FSB. So you need to set the CPU FSB in the bios at 166. PC Probe, that is your call. Install it. If you dont use it you can remove it. Good luck.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.