Sign in with
Your question

Gaming FPS Mouse recommendation

Last response: in Video Games
January 25, 2010 9:07:01 PM

I know many people have asked this question, but most are just comparing a couple of mice. This question is really for the hardcore FPS players who are highly competitive and not just brand loyal.

I am looking for a good replacement mouse for my aging (and I mean aging) Logitec Mousman Dual Optical. All in all, this has been an incredibly good mouse to me; however, it is time to move on to newer and better mice.

I primarily play FPS games like L4D, L4D2, CS:Source, TF2, etc. (Mostly Valve) with a few mixed in strategy games. The Dual Optical has been great for overall accuracy and speed, but now with Window's 7, Logitec's support seems to be lacking.

Does anyone have any good recommendations out there? Money is not an issue, just overall performance and comfort.

Thanks,

Pickles
January 25, 2010 9:34:42 PM

If price is no issue, take a look a Razer mice. They have a page (http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/index.html) which helps you choose the right mouse for your play style.
I have a Copperhead and am absolutely satisfied with it.
m
l
January 25, 2010 10:24:05 PM

i have a g7, awesome mouse.. just not perfect for gamming because of batterys running out mid game, so i'd recommend a g5, since they have replaced it with the G500 get one of those... Logitech knows their gamming mice =)
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2010 11:27:02 PM

tulx said:
If price is no issue, take a look a Razer mice. They have a page (http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/index.html) which helps you choose the right mouse for your play style.
I have a Copperhead and am absolutely satisfied with it.

Thanks for the tip. I rolled through the choices and it turns out the Imperator or Lechesis would be best. The only thing that concerns me is both of them carry about a 20% negative feedback. The big one being the cursor losing tracking. I'll have to roll down to the store and try them on for size.
m
l
January 27, 2010 7:35:57 PM

I have a Razor Death Addler and I love it. I would totally reccomend it. I have had it for about a year and I have not found a single problem with it. Good luck in you endeavour. :) 
m
l
February 4, 2010 3:19:15 PM

RAZER DEATHADDER definately
m
l
February 4, 2010 8:40:24 PM

I have a Logitech G5 and I love it. They did release a newer version of it called the G500. It is the same price as the G5 just an updated layout. The on-the-fly DPI changing can help when you change weapons or get in a vehicle.

Also, never get wireless mice for gaming. They are fine for users who surf the web and type documents but for gaming you don't want the connection interrupted by someone turning on a microwave or the batteries running out mid-fight.
m
l
February 4, 2010 8:44:53 PM

i agree with tulx, razer is the way to go. they may be expensive. but worth every single penny.
m
l
February 4, 2010 9:32:02 PM

I use a Logitech G9, I abolosutly love it to bits. I'm lost with anything else.
I'ts probably a bit lacking these days but as far as comfort, and precision goes its the business.
I must add that Logitech's Setpoint Drivers are totally useless. Sad thing is you really do need them to get the most out of your mouse. I gave up running them. As the mouse stores the profiles in its own memory, once you have it setup your way, thats it, when you use it on your laptop its the same, on your mates Pc.. you get the picture.

I always recomend Logitech's products, I've owned so many over the years, PS2 controllers, PS1 peripherals, PC products. Never had an issue with any of them.

Currently im using G11 keyboard, with a G9 mouse. Fantastic Combo.

tl;dr G9 = Awesome, Setpoint = ***.

PS. the Original FEAR game, dont like this combination of Kbd and Mouse, and refuses to work with it. so dont expect to play FEAR.
m
l
February 5, 2010 9:02:00 AM

Get a SideWinder =D
m
l
February 5, 2010 10:23:00 AM

Prince of Percia_)
m
l
!