How do i get might and magic 7 to work on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I downloaded the game and it will not play on windows 7. It loads and gives me the option to play or exit. When i choose play it loads for a second where it usually gets to the cinematics screen then stops and gives a message saying the program has stopped running.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
might and magic vii is quite an old game. 1999 i believe. So try right clicking the shortcut > then troubleshoot compatibility and see where you can get with that. i thought there was somewhere you can chose what version of windows you want it to run.... i can find it in windows 7, but try what i just said. hope i helped

G

I tried to change the the windows compatability setting but i still get the crash. It says the problem event name is APPCRASH. I dont have the slightest on what could be wrong.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Not too sure if this could be it, but maybe you need to run the game in XP mode, which isn't available unless you have Windows 7 Professional and up (not sure which version you have).

tore650

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Hi,
If it is still not working, what you have to do is to run it in compatibility mode with millennium or XP also you need to go into the game folder and find the game setup, change the graphics driver from "hardware accelerated graphics" to "software accelerated graphics" that did it for me anyways

XP Mode isn't really meant to run old games. It's primary purpose is to allow businesses to run software that would normally crash in Win 7.

Additionally, I believe I've read somewhere that most graphic DirectX functions are not enabled in XP Mode. It's something to consider and to research if you want to go down this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.