Low FPS on W7. Maybe a driver issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolurove

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I used to run The Sims 3 on Windows Vista 64-bit at 50-60 fps.. But after changing to Windows 7 it dropped to 30-40. That's the only game I had issues with. I played CODMW2, Arkham Assylum and dirt 2 at 50 fps average. Would you say is a driver issue? I think that's a possibility since I used to have a terrible fps downfall on the dirt2 menu but after updating the drivers that problem vanished. :sarcastic: Did anybody had a similar problem with that game or another?

Solution
I'm using the Catalyst 9.11 drivers currently. I tried the 9.12 and it decreased my frame rates, so I rolled back to the 9.11 drivers. They just released the 10.1 drivers and already, some people are having issues, so I'll probably hold off on those as well.

isamuelson

Distinguished
If you use the default drivers out of Windows 7 then yes, that's what will happen. Updating to the latest drivers for your chipset will definitely help in just about all cases. However, I do know that the latest ATI drivers killed FPS for me, so I had to roll back to the previous version.

isamuelson

Distinguished
I'm using the Catalyst 9.11 drivers currently. I tried the 9.12 and it decreased my frame rates, so I rolled back to the 9.11 drivers. They just released the 10.1 drivers and already, some people are having issues, so I'll probably hold off on those as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.