HP 4P Output shuffle

I've got a great old 4P, that I've had since '94. It's been a workhorse
around the house, and although I have another fancy photo printer
for...photos & other color output, the HP gets the day in day out use.

My problem is the output. For the last year or so the paper seems to be
curling more than ever, even though I'm religious about keeping paper flat,
in it's original container, and the humidity here is pretty constant...about
55%. I'm sort of an A/C freak in the summer, so it never gets above 72
degrees & maybe 65%....

I don't think this would be much of a problem if there was some way of
keeping the paper down after it came out onto the top discharge area. Is
there a roller or small set of whiskers I could get that would do this?
Because it's not laying flat, sometimes the papers shuffle...a later one
getting inserted into the middle of the pile...and this after only 3 or 4
pages. I would think I could run off 50 or so pages without this problem.

Any advice? I'm tired of standing over the printer to monitor the output...

On the seventh day, Rich Gosselin wrote...

> Any advice? I'm tired of standing over the printer to monitor the output...

As far as my experiences go (in 10 years, I've never had any problems with
paper), I'd say it's not an issue with the paper but rather with the
heating inside the printer. It usually occurs when the fuser can't hold the
specified printing temperature any longer and gets too hot or too cold.

Some curling is ok, however, even my 5Si Mx doesn't output paper totally
flat...

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop
diggin'.

TRENDING THREADS