• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
How many of you are going to get the 2nd installment of this game, I did play the 1st game all the way through, completed most of the side mission, from the feedback it seems the 2 will be a sandbox game, which is cool, you can kill a lot of time in the universe then, how are you going to carry your character from the 1st game, you are still Commander Sheppard, if there is a way to integrate the 2 games? that would be a first
Well I've got it and yes you can import your old saved game profile, but the big problem, what if you didn't save a copy of the save game, I hate to think about playing ME1 through again

michaelmk86

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008

I was thinking the same think. I haven’t played the first mass effect but I like to try the second one. I don’t know if you need to play the first one in order to understand the story.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I'm in the same boat as above. It seems (from my perusing of penny-arcade) that ME2 is kind of like an expansion pack to ME1, just friggin' massive. You can apparently take you previous character from ME1 and use it in ME2. For this reason I'm gonna find the first game and go through that first.

A lot gets carried over, especially from the side missions. You can select how the big storyline options came out, but not the choices made in side missions.

ME1 is a chore, as it does get boring on the non-storyline missions, but its a must to play if you choose to get ME2. More then any other game, the Mass Effect series is meant to be a trilogy.