Urgent Motherboard Request

deadeye

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
Hi,

I urgently need some help here. I've just purchased a new DFI Lanparty Ultra II motherboard as it had all the features I wanted (I need IDE Raid) however, I didn't check closely enough! The board doesn't have mounting holes round the socket to mount my prefered CPU cooler, a Thermalright SLK900U. AAArrrghhh..

I'm therefore planning to take it back to the shop. But don't know what to replace it with. I want the same NVidia chipset if possible, IDE RAID, and at least one SATA connector. Firewire, ethernet, and all the usual. It's the RAID that makes this tricky! A lot of the newest boards only have SATA RAID, rather than IDE.

Is there another board that would do what I want, AND have heatsink mounting holes?

Many thanks.

Deadeye

tjchino

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
i think the GA-7N400 Pro2 (gigabyte) might have all you are looking for. it also looks like chaintech's 7NJS Ultra ZENITH has it as well.
good luck!

deadeye

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
Yeah you're right about the Gigabyte not having mounting holes. But the Chaintech does seem pretty close.
However it does only have the one Extra IDE raid channel. Are there any other boards out there which would fit my bill?