How to automatically 'OK' error message pop-ups...

G

Hi, something happened with my win2k install, I've tried troubleshooting the problem for a week and have found no solution. Whenever I quit a program, most of them give me a memory error and I have to click 'ok' to get rid of the error box. However, there's nothing wrong with my computer and I've tried EVERYTHING to fix the error... is there a program or any other way to get rid of these error messages whenever they pop up? It's just a pain to see them everytime I exit an app. and click on OK...

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
is there a program or any other way to get rid of these error messages whenever they pop up?
AFAIK, there is not, but there is a reason for them to pop up. You should check your comp's event viewer (eventvwr.msc) to see whats cause them.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

They are all "Source: Application Popup, Event ID: 26"

Is there any way to configure windows to not pop up an event ID 26 application popup?

Application popup: XPCOM:EventReceiver: Netscp.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x014d3195" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, there is but I don't recommend it. You can go Windows Services console (services.msc), and disable <b>Alerter</b> and <b>Messenger</b> (remember it's different to <b>Windows Messenger</b>,and this Messenger service is the one I'd recommend to disable since it has been exploited by spammers. In fact, I always disable it in my systems) services.
IMO, as the error shows that Netscape caused error, I'd try to fix that instead.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

Hey, I disabled all those in services and I still get the popup error messages when exiting an application. Any other way to get rid of these, bypass, or have some program/anything else automatically click ok when they pop up?