sis 655tx review

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
did anyone read the article on anandtech.com about the asus and gig mobo's w/the new sis 655tx chipset? according to the benchmarks not only is it equal to the 875 chipset, beating it in some cases, but it's also is prescott compatable.

overall the review on the actual boards were ok but i'd like to see if anyone else will be making them. i checked abit's site and there is nothing listed and i haven't had a chance to check msi yet.

i'm normally not an sis fan but this chipset looks very interesting. i wonder if thg will review these mobo's/chipset. hint! hint!

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
update:
well thg did their review on the 655tx an although it didn't do as well as it did in the anandtech review. frankly though 3 or 4 points when you're talking 45-50 points is to me negligatable. considering the fact that the tx boards will be only around $85-$100 vs the 875 are around $150 - $175. it seams clear that if they get 2 things in the chip fixed, namely rep and reliability, it could be a serious contender to the 875. we shall see what happens when the actual board reviews come out.