N-Force mobo with 4 phase power

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone know a N-force mobo with 4-phase power circuit design?
I am looking for one.

It seems like little mobo makers, users care about this, MSI even used 2-phase design in some of their lower end products(a shame).

Pentium4 base mobos, only Intel mobos use 4-phase power.

4-phase power design can ensure cool and stable current supply to CPU, very good for today's power hungry CPU.

Any seen/had a 4 phase power Nforce mobo, please tell me.
Thankyou

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think 3 phase is about as good as you're gonna get on an nForce2 board... I think I've seen some 4 phase designs on some of the Optron stuff...

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
But a 4 phase one is definitely better.

I have an Abit KV7, with Barton at 2200mhz, no fan blowing at the mofsets, the temperature measured can be as high as 90 degree C !

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I donno, Lost Circuits in their reviews always comments on power regulation on motherboards, but they also admit that the two phase designs actually work pretty well now-a-days. I like the idea of three phase power, but manufacturers like Asus often on ly use 2 phase. I use an MSI nForce 2 board with only 2 phase power and it seems to overclock nicely, I use a dual fan Zalman setup so the power transisters get a lot of wind, plus they have heatsinks mounted on this MSI board, so the temps are OK on them.

In thinking about your original question, I think one of the Gigabyte nForce2 boards had that vertical power regulation board... kind of an add on thing. Wonder if that was a 4 phase setup?

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
i tought that was one of their p4 mobos...whatever it was i beleive it had 4 phase power regulation.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy