Broadcom HP W450 in zv5000z

I am trying to replace the Wireless B card that came with my zv5000z laptop
with a mini PCI G card but the computer gives me an error on boot up
"Unsupported wireless network device" and I cannot go any further. The folks
at HP suggested I update my BIOS but I have been unable to do so. Anyone
have this problem and/or a fix? Thanks.

On the seventh day, Eliezer Bulka wrote...

> I am trying to replace the Wireless B card that came with my zv5000z laptop
> with a mini PCI G card but the computer gives me an error on boot up
> "Unsupported wireless network device" and I cannot go any further. The folks
> at HP suggested I update my BIOS but I have been unable to do so. Anyone
> have this problem and/or a fix? Thanks.

As far as I know (read at some forums), there is no fix. Apparently, HP
tries to prevent people from using equipment not being bought at HP -
sorry, bad luck.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop
diggin'.