Upgrade to V60p from T720 or not? Should I?

Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.

The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.

But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?

Really could use some pros and cons.

Please.

Troy

TGW

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I did the same thing months ago, and I never regretted it. Actually, I went
from the T720 to the V60s (no PTT). You can use the same car kit by simply
changing the cradle (less than $35 from the VZW B2B site...).

Pros:
-- Integrated speakerphone (great for business trips)
-- Much better RF
-- Metal case
-- No GIN
-- No color

Cons:
-- No GIN
-- No color

"TroyT" <troy_trip@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
> T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.
>
> The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.
>
> But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?
>
> Really could use some pros and cons.
>
> Please.
>
> Troy

Thanks, that is good to know. How is the quality of the V60s for voice
and range? Is it better than the T720 for reception range?

Troy

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:52:49 -0400, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:

>I did the same thing months ago, and I never regretted it. Actually, I went
>from the T720 to the V60s (no PTT). You can use the same car kit by simply
>changing the cradle (less than $35 from the VZW B2B site...).
>
>Pros:
> -- Integrated speakerphone (great for business trips)
> -- Much better RF
> -- Metal case
> -- No GIN
> -- No color
>
>Cons:
> -- No GIN
> -- No color
>
>"TroyT" <troy_trip@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
>> T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.
>>
>> The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.
>>
>> But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?
>>
>> Really could use some pros and cons.
>>
>> Please.
>>
>> Troy

You got me there.

I don't know GIN
and
the V60s does have a color monitor does it not? Is that what you meant
by "no color"?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:10:54 -0400, TroyT <troy_trip@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
>T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.
>
>The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.
>
>But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?
>
>Really could use some pros and cons.
>
>Please.
>
>Troy

TGW

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

The V60s and V60p both have monochrome displays, inside and outside.

> You got me there.
>
> I don't know GIN
> and
> the V60s does have a color monitor does it not? Is that what you meant
> by "no color"?
>
> Troy
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:52:49 -0400, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:
>
> >I did the same thing months ago, and I never regretted it. Actually, I
went
> >from the T720 to the V60s (no PTT). You can use the same car kit by
simply
> >changing the cradle (less than $35 from the VZW B2B site...).
> >
> >Pros:
> > -- Integrated speakerphone (great for business trips)
> > -- Much better RF
> > -- Metal case
> > -- No GIN
> > -- No color
> >
> >Cons:
> > -- No GIN
> > -- No color
> >
> >"TroyT" <troy_trip@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
> >> T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.
> >>
> >> The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.
> >>
> >> But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?
> >>
> >> Really could use some pros and cons.
> >>
> >> Please.
> >>
> >> Troy

TGW

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

GIN = Get It Now, which are VZW's fee-based downloadable BREW applets. The
V60s (as well as V60p) do not support GIN.

> You got me there.
>
> I don't know GIN
> and
> the V60s does have a color monitor does it not? Is that what you meant
> by "no color"?
>
> Troy
>
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:10:54 -0400, TroyT <troy_trip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Its that time again to consider an upgrade. I am presently using the
> >T720 with hands free full kit in car with pedestal mount.
> >
> >The V69 series looks like a minor change to use the same setup.
> >
> >But.... am I right in upgrading to the V60p from the T720? Should I?
> >
> >Really could use some pros and cons.
> >
> >Please.
> >
> >Troy

Thank you once again.

I am now of the opinion I don't want this phone not for lack of GIN
but other features as well.

Thanks.

Troy