Most Powerful motherboard Please ?

G

Hi,

Usually a gamer and a filesharer and movie watcher etc. (Win XP.) Now I'm learning video editing and my pc is not up to the job.
So - I have to save some money - what is the best or most powerful motherboard and Chip combo please?? Would it be a dual chip motherboard. Any advice or opinions would be very useful.
I'm currently using my old AMD Athlon 900 Mhz which is easily too slow for video compression and other things. My experience goes up to an Asustech a7v8x with 1.8 Ghz. (which i gave to my mum). Now looking to get the most powerful (Windows) workhorse i can to do multiple tasks at the same time.
Please let me know - and thanks in advance.
Sam.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
If you post a budget we can recommend specific stuff.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

G

:bounce: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dxdwkw3&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&kc=studio-xps-8000

follow the link this pc is perfect only $1100 and you get

PROCESSORS Studio XPS 8000, Intel® Core™ i5-750 processor(8MB Cache, 2.66GHz) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English edit
OFFICE SOFTWARE Microsoft Works 9.0 edit
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 2 Year Basic Service Plan edit
In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis: for issues covered by Limited Hardware Warranty, technician and/or part will be dispatched, if necessary, usually in 1 or 2 business days following Remote Diagnosis. During Remote Diagnosis, you may be asked to access the inside of your system (where safe to do so) or to participate in troubleshooting until a cause can be isolated.
SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee SecurityCenter , 24-Months edit
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 4 DIMMs edit
HARD DRIVE 640GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache edit
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive edit
MONITOR 22" Dell ST2210 Full HD Widescreen Monitor edit
VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB edit
SOUND CARD Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio edit
SPEAKERS No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system) edit
KEYBOARD Dell Studio Consumer Multimedia Keyboard edit
MOUSE Dell Studio Optical Mouse edit

it will do anything you need it to.