Sign in with
Your question

Which **PC** Games Will You Play This Year?

Last response: in Video Games
January 29, 2010 2:06:02 AM

Even though I haven't finished the first Mass Effect, I'll be buying the sequel. Then hopefully I can find enough time to play Star Trek Online on a regular basis, then figure out where I can squeeze the so-called "MW2-killer" Bad Company 2. Then I'll probably see if I can finally finish the final battle in Dragon Age: Origins.

Yes I do realize all of my planned gaming are action-oriented 3D offerings. What about you guys? :) 

More about : games play year

January 29, 2010 2:18:47 AM

Mass Effect 1 + 2 (need to finish 1st one)
Bad Company 2
Alien vs. Predator
Bioshock 2
January 29, 2010 2:30:29 AM

Dude I say finish Dragon Age Orgins first. The Ending is so sick imo.

Anyway, I have already pre-ordered Bad Company 2 (twice actually...dont ask).

Aside from that, probably Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3... :lol:  since they are both comming out this year /wrist
Related resources
January 29, 2010 8:37:05 AM

This is Blizzard we're talking about... Don't hold your breath. ;) 

Anyhow, my year will probably consist of mainly RTS, as usual. I'm planning to finish the AoE 3 campaign, which I've been putting off for some time. Also plenty of C&C3:Kane's Wrath, BFME, and possibly C&C 4 if it turns out OK. I'm also holding thumbs that the guys over at Tiberian Dawn will finish their mod for C&C 3 this year....

I'll throw some classic flight sim in for good measure as well. There is a remake of WC: Privateer called Gemini Gold, and I'm LOVING it.
January 29, 2010 8:54:29 AM

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
Crysis 2
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight
Drakensang: The River of Time
Napoleon: Total War
The Settlers VII: Paths to the Kingdom
Half-Life 2: Episode III
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypiat
Mafia 2
Mass Effect 2
Jagged Alliance 3
BF 2 Bad Company
Alien vs. Predator
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Yes I play many games every year :D 
January 29, 2010 10:08:02 AM

Battlefield bad company 2 every day lol
and Eve Online.
January 29, 2010 10:08:49 AM

Herr_Koos said:
This is Blizzard we're talking about... Don't hold your breath. ;) 

Haha.. yeah there was mass sarcasm there..

Im hoping for like 3 years that theyll both be out.. But I know that wont even happen.. :cry: 
January 29, 2010 10:18:20 AM

FATAL STR1K3 said:
Haha.. yeah there was mass sarcasm there..

Im hoping for like 3 years that theyll both be out.. But I know that wont even happen.. :cry: 

Well, rumour has it that we could see a StarCraft 2 beta as early as Feb, so they really should be able to release it before the year is out. Diablo 3 of course is nowhere near complete.
January 29, 2010 2:55:31 PM

Dragon Age perhaps...

Dunno, haven't given it much though...
January 29, 2010 4:04:24 PM

Dragon Age: Origins will keep me busy for awhile!
January 29, 2010 6:43:46 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Well, rumour has it that we could see a StarCraft 2 beta as early as Feb

Yeah.. I heard that...

HOWEVER... I also heard that Starcraft Ghost was gunna come out. so...ya' know... :kaola: 
January 30, 2010 5:01:59 PM

Dragon Age: Origins is currently the only "recent" game I can definitely say I'll be playing this year. More may crop up.

But I'm currently on a Steam streak and playing older titles that for one reason or another never caught my attention until now.
January 30, 2010 7:02:56 PM

I am waiting for Bio Shock 2.
January 31, 2010 7:23:20 PM

I'm with dwave, but I'm going to check out
Herr_Koos There is a remake of WC: Privateer called Gemini Gold this I have to see, a Wing Commander remake, lets see I think my ship is still flyable and if I can still fit in my suit.....
January 31, 2010 7:56:19 PM

I'm going to play:

Half-Life 2 Episode 3

Mafia 2

More Mafia 2

This years Call of Duty - That is if Treyarch doesn't f**k up multiplayer, like Infinity Ward did.

Asassins Creed 2 - when it lands for PC
February 1, 2010 2:00:40 AM

Quote:
Half-Life 2 Episode 3

I just hope it doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem Forever. It has been a few years since HL2:ep 2 and so far no signs of ep 3.
February 1, 2010 8:28:43 AM

No sign of HL2: Ep3 yet. So if you manage to play it in 2010 I'd be very surprised. Happy yes, but I'm not counting on it.

Considering how old the Source engine is by now, it may be better if Valve just skip to HL 3.
February 1, 2010 6:42:01 PM

Next HL installment won't be this year whether it's Ep3 or HL3
February 2, 2010 7:13:36 AM

number13 said:
I'm with dwave, but I'm going to check out
Herr_Koos There is a remake of WC: Privateer called Gemini Gold this I have to see, a Wing Commander remake, lets see I think my ship is still flyable and if I can still fit in my suit.....

It's a beauty, believe me! While your at it, check out WCSaga.com for even more WC goodness.
February 2, 2010 1:04:30 PM

PREDATOR vs ALIEN

BAD COMPANY 2

rest of the games just dont get my attention in any way
February 2, 2010 2:15:55 PM

GTA4 for sure
February 2, 2010 3:15:17 PM

I have no gaming life anymore so I am going to try and finish Titan Quest, KOTOR, GRAW2 and for MP I play Team Fortress 2 and L4D.
Want I really want to play is BattleField 1943 and Bio Shock 2
February 2, 2010 5:05:15 PM

I'm interested in Alien vs Predator 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Mechwarrior, Diablo 3, Navyfield 3D.
February 3, 2010 1:47:38 AM

Quote:
Mechwarrior

I love that series. I have all the MWs, but I am not sure about Mechwarrior, from what I have read they didn't get permission to put the Warhammer in the game. The Warhammer design (among other designs) is owned by Harmony Gold (if I remember right that is!) here in the US. I hope it comes out though!
February 3, 2010 1:47:10 PM

Im really looking forward to the witcher 2 and b company 2.
Im also gonna try to play FF7 and finally play system shock 2. Some other old games ive wanted to play like half the legacy of kain series might be played this year.
February 3, 2010 3:16:02 PM

bustapr said:
Im really looking forward to the witcher 2 and b company 2.
Im also gonna try to play FF7 and finally play system shock 2. Some other old games ive wanted to play like half the legacy of kain series might be played this year.

Final Fantasy 7 was a superb game, I really loved it. It was probably my favorite in the series because of the storyline.
February 4, 2010 12:25:17 AM

I heard SC2 was on a june/july realease.

BC2 and SC2 I guess
February 4, 2010 5:13:42 AM

Kewlx25 said:

BC2 and SC2 I guess

Source please? And don't tell me Blizzard said so....
February 4, 2010 10:59:09 AM

currently playing psychonauts, couldn't resist the £1 steam deal.

it's from the 'grim fandango' guy, very very unique and wonderful game.

i want to play mass effect 1, mass effect 2, bioshock 2. but will more likely be spending all of my free time playing team fortress 2 or starcraft 2.
February 4, 2010 1:33:59 PM

ASSASINS CREED 2
DIABLO 3
STARCRAFT 2
POP
BIOSHOCK 2
February 4, 2010 4:01:18 PM

I just built a new gaming PC so I have to catch up on some titles from the last few years.

Bioshock 1 & 2 - got both titles in a combo for 45 on Direct2drive for the preorder
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Aliens Vs. Predator (if reviews are good)
C&C4
Starcraft 2
Assassins Creed 2
Half-Life 2 Episode 3
February 4, 2010 4:11:03 PM

Quote:

BC2 and SC2 I guess

Zeartul told me July
March 9, 2010 11:03:25 AM

PORTAL 2!!!
March 9, 2010 12:34:17 PM

Serious Sam First Encounter HD has been a blast, I hope they'll release Second Encounter in HD this year too.

Presently playing Aliens vs predator 2010, its great, I don't regret getting it at all.

I'm strictly a lone wolf type shooter fan, no squad based games for me, so whatever is released this year in that category.

Bioshock 2 may be a possible choice but Bioshock 1 really wasn't that big a deal, so to me it would be a possible choice but definitely after its price drops later this year.
March 10, 2010 6:38:19 PM

Hey, I remember you 4ryan6, the only other person that mentioned AvP3 in some other thread a long time ago. I was curious, did your game crash at all just starting in DX11/10? Also, did it randomly crash at certain triggered events, like when finished hacking a station or something? When I can play the game it's fun, but disappointed with the bugs, and just very recently only getting *just* Beta dedicated servers. And then, I caught out one of the Devs in a straight up lie saying their DLC was made after the game, yet the CE owners originally paid for it! I can't believe they want to charge for 4 maps...That completely took me by surprise.
March 10, 2010 7:41:56 PM

Hey Bill, I've only played it in DX9 using WinXP Pro 32bit, I did have a crash playing the Marine in the earlier stages, when you had to bail from the barricade and wait for the operative to get the elevator to you while the Aliens were trying to finish you off.

A couple of times when I stepped into the elevator the game crashed, I had the steam software scan my local files and it discovered an incomplete file, it re-downloaded the file and re-installed the file, and didn't crash again.

Its probably a good idea to have the steam software check your file cache before you even play the first time, and you could probably avoid a crash altogether, of course I am talking in DX9, there may be issues with DX10/11, but I'd still check the game cache first.
March 10, 2010 7:45:07 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Hey Bill, I've only played it in DX9 using WinXP Pro 32bit, I did have a crash playing the Marine in the earlier stages, when you had to bail from the barricade and wait for the operative to get the elevator to you while the Aliens were trying to finish you off.

A couple of times when I stepped into the elevator the game crashed, I had the steam software scan my local files and it discovered an incomplete file, it re-downloaded the file and re-installed the file, and didn't crash again.

Its probably a good idea to have the steam software check your file cache before you even play the first time, and you could probably avoid a crash altogether, of course I am talking in DX9, there may be issues with DX10/11, but I'd still check the game cache first.

You are right on the money with the scan, however as I did this everytime is crashed, I noticed that it always repairs one file. I know this because I ran another scan right after it finished a previous one. However, unfortunately, my singple player campaign will no longer load it just results in a CTD. I guess I'll just start over from the beginning.
March 10, 2010 7:48:38 PM

I'll be looking forward to the witcher 2, but am afraid they will screw it up.

Portal 2 as well, although I have the same apprehensions. I know it is valve and they are kinda trustworthy but I just keep getting these bad feelings that people do not know how to leave things alone and not tinker. Look at supreme commander 2.

If only game developers knew how to maintain a games core and change the story and not repeat the story but change a games core. Not exactly on topic but directly affects what games I will be playing this year.
March 10, 2010 8:05:15 PM

strangestranger said:
I'll be looking forward to the witcher 2, but am afraid they will screw it up.

Portal 2 as well, although I have the same apprehensions. I know it is valve and they are kinda trustworthy but I just keep getting these bad feelings that people do not know how to leave things alone and not tinker. Look at supreme commander 2.

If only game developers knew how to maintain a games core and change the story and not repeat the story but change a games core. Not exactly on topic but directly affects what games I will be playing this year.

While reading your post I had a Nortons anti-virus flashback! :lol: 

I know its off topic, so sorry OP, but you are so right SS with them just leaving it alone and not mess it up!
March 10, 2010 8:14:11 PM

Of course Starcraft II and Diablo III... BTW I'm also playing Wolfenstein... I think it counts as "this year gaming"... Ah and the whole STALKER saga...
March 11, 2010 4:50:57 AM

I'm looking forward to Metro 2033 next week and Fallout Las Vegas, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 hopefully in the near future.
March 11, 2010 3:49:14 PM

Spider Solitaire.Possibly minesweeper. :) 
March 11, 2010 7:35:46 PM

good selection. I dunno how those games aren't selected as "game of the decade" !
March 11, 2010 8:11:22 PM

Fallout 3
Dragon Age: Origins
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Looking forward to Borderlands, but still haven't made the purchase. The three above keep me quite busy.
March 12, 2010 11:36:46 PM

BC2 <-- Needs to be fixed
BF 1943
Crysis 2
Stalker CoP
Fallout 3

and I play Dirt2 every now n then

March 16, 2010 11:53:52 AM

dragon age: origins
Fallout 3 goty (if it would stop crashing)
mass effect 1 (and 2 if enjoy the 1st)

that's all for now really
March 18, 2010 7:12:07 PM

diablo 3 won't be released this year
March 19, 2010 2:33:35 AM

Already bought: CD:MW2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2, but they are mindless run & gun multiplayer games. I am looking forward for the next true tactical FPS. I am hoping that the next Ghost Recon gets released this year...
March 19, 2010 1:33:26 PM

All the games in my Steam library that I haven't even downloaded yet.
March 19, 2010 4:08:42 PM

Well I said Dragon Age would keep me busy, but after upgrading my system, now Fallout 3, GTA IV and Batman: Arkham Asylum are keeping me busy. Dragon Age will have to wait (and so will Mass Effect 1, all three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, etc. Darn you Steam! All those sales over the holidays and I bought more than I can play!) :non: 
!