PAT enabled 865PE (MSI)?

Quantum

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Hello,

I've spent the past four or so days trying to update myself on processors and motherboards. I'm looking to upgrade my AXP 1800 to a Pentium 2.6c. The board that I'm looking at is the MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R which received great performance marks here at THG. I understand that this is partly due to PAT being enabled in the 865PE chipset (since Bios v1.03). MSI calls this MAT technology. My concern is after reading the latest pricing guide update at Anandtech the editor makes a comment, "Now that manufacturers are starting to run out of PAT enabled 865PE chips, the MSI and ASUS 875P motherboards are also becoming quite attractive."

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=1929&p=3

Can anyone confirm that the MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R still ships with PAT (MAT) enabled? If there are models of this board that are shipping without PAT enabled, is there any way to distinguish them?

If anyone has anything that they'd like to add that they think would be helpful regarding this topic, please do.

Thanks in advance!

Archer01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
Yes, I'd like an answer to this question too. Does anybody know if Intel has reworked the 865PE to make PAT enable no longer possible?

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
BUMP. I also want an answer.
How 'bout my Abit IS7-E which I bought 6 months ago?

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...

TRENDING THREADS