7VAX BIOS F12 PIO 4 post screen: multi-word in XP

WolfSkill

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2003
relevant system components for this post:
160 gig maxtor ATA133 - 80 pin cable - tried both master and cable select jumper settings - only drive on the cable
3 partitons 60gig, 60 gig, and 40gig
1 gig of PC3200 Kingmax
ATHLON 3000+XP Barton 333 FSB
Now using F12 bios
Newest VIA 4in1 drivers

Ok, before I had to upgrade my bios I was using F4 (the mass production bios) with an Athlon 2200+ XP and my HD was running at ATA 133 at post screen and UDMA 5 in WINXP. Just got a Athlon 3000XP+ Barton and had to upgrade to F10 for the Barton support. Upgraded to the new bios fine using QFlash and then loading fail safe defaults. Everything was working fine until I saw on the post screen that I was running at PIO mode 4 and was wondering what the hell was going on?. Booted into WinXP SP1 and noticed that I am running in Multi-Word DMA Mode 2. Deleted VIA Bus Master IDE Controller, rebooted and readded the controller. Went to Maxtor.com and downloaded the DOS and windwos Version of Maxblast with no help there. Also have 66/100/133 selected in the BIOS (have also tried auto). Reflashed the BIOS again with the latest BIOS (F12) in QFlash and also again in DOS. I know other people are experiencing this and have read a lot, but i tried the things that people have suggested and nothing is fixing this. Reconnected the cable ribbon and now am running the jumpers in cable select. Thanks in advance.