So, what character did everyone start with?

I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
and I have a Sorc half-burned in.

You?

short
41 answers Last reply
More about character start with

    My turn boyz n' girlz!

    A cold sorc (LilMissShythed) because once you get them going they can
    go quick especially in NM and then she can find good gear for the rest
    of Clan Shythed and their friends.

    Orion

    As always, a zon. <g> Decided on a Jab/LF Javazon this time, like my
    very first D2 char.

    I started a hammerdin cause I never made one before except for the one I
    started 3 days before they announced the reset. I think I made level 12
    yesterday

    Gumby619

    Acct: Gumby619

    Chars: Hammered_shiite

    --
    "The difference between pornography and erotica is lighting"

    On 9 Aug 2005 12:10:13 -0700, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    >and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    >You?

    Bowazon - Level 12 (woot!!)

    I always start with a bowazon.

    Justin - yea, I am back, at least for a short while.

    I knew what you started anyway, I saw you in game :)

    I like the name too!!

    short - My Frost Zealot is lvl 19, IIRC

    shorts wrote:
    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?

    Lord of Mages, because you can never have enough lag.
    --
    Zamboni

    shorts wrote:
    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?
    >

    > short

    Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course, but so
    far this "patch" hasn't even tempted me enough to log in and get it.
    Besides, I've been fooling around with Chaos Empire a bit, and right now
    1.11 would break it.

    --
    chainbreaker

    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    >and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    >You?

    I have a barb burned in which will be a frenzy barb someday and a
    level 20-something summoner necro which in a few minutes is going to
    be going after Diablo.

    Account is *weretable
    Necro is PetsDeadThings (I think that was what I named him anyway)

    Made the skellimancer first since he is so easy to keep alive and that
    makes him a good starting MF character.

    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?
    >
    > short

    A Meteor / Orb sorceress, closely followed by a summoning necromancer, just
    in case I need a looter. If she survives, the sorceress's task will be to
    find gear for my other characters. If she doesn't survive, the
    necromancer's task will be to loot her equipment, and hurl curses and
    skeletons at the monsters. :-)

    A BO barbarian and an enchantress are burned in, and will start questing
    soon.

    Ruben

    "Zamboni" <thezambonis@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > shorts wrote:
    > > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    > >
    > > You?
    > >
    > Lord of Mages, because you can never have enough lag.

    ROFLMAOCUB!!!!!

    Mickey

    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?

    Summancer ESCL

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

    > You?

    Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.
    --
    Not 1337.

    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > You?

    Well, figuring the idea was to build up a stable of characters and an item
    base, I started with a Chanter. Got her to L40 and a reasonable chant (only
    points outside her specialty are teleport). She then helped me build a L18
    Sorc. She's a designated MFer, but I haven't decided exactly what yet. Only
    spent points in the basics (Static, Warmth, Armor, Teleport). I'll probably
    go with a MeteOrb or Blizzy to farm Mephy. I'll build a BO slave at some
    point too. Then depending on what items I find I'll start on the fun
    characters. Some of the things on my list:
    Smiter (for eventual Uber Tristram)
    Kicker
    CL Sorc
    Singer

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    shorts held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
    1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com to this Interweb
    chatroom:

    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?

    Trapsin, because I need 1 cookie cutter per season. SHe's 40 and already
    sporting a Spirit crystal sword, an uber circlet that Fury found, and a +1
    Sin ammy.

    shorts wrote:
    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?

    I've been lured back in for a while. I also started a freazalot, though
    I have some experience with them. My second char in the 1.10 beta was a
    freazalot, as was my first real 1.10 char. The main reason I'm doing one
    again is they're slightly easier to play then most other melee chars
    (monster slow, easy blocking) and don't require uber gear.

    This one is going for max holy freeze, resist cold, zeal and lots-max
    holy shield. I've already tried max frost versions (max salvation too)
    and holy freeze/shock hybrids in the past, so now it's time for a more
    basic version.

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote:

    > On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> You?
    >
    > Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.

    Same here, for pretty much the same reason.

    RelMark

    "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    > You?
    >

    > short

    Started a summoning necro

    Thomas

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    >and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    >You?

    Well, I started my weather chick, but playing 6-10 hours per day over the past
    few months has been me into severe burn out, so she's only up to level 22.
    I'll be perming some mules today instead.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    > Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course . . .

    Of course. I didn't think you were coming back, so I started a Barb in
    your honour. :-)

    Jill

    "Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message

    > "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    > > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    > >
    > > You?
    > >

    > > short
    > >

    > Started a summoning necro

    Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.

    Mickey

    neithskye wrote:
    >> Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course
    >> . . .
    >
    > Of course. I didn't think you were coming back, so I started a Barb in
    > your honour. :-)
    >
    > Jill

    You?!?

    Started a barb?!?!?!

    Hehe, well, thanks--you have my permisssion to name any others Coprolitus,
    or any of my other silly names you can remember. And hey, it's good to hear
    from you. :-)

    I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE lately, as
    you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured your
    packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.

    --
    chainbreaker

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
    <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

    >Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
    >
    >Mickey

    So what's a good meatgrinder build?

    Guy

    On that special day, ArtDent, (par@noyd.invalidname) said...

    > On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > You?
    >
    > Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.

    Seconded. I don't even have to look, the skellies do the job for me.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...

    > weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
    >
    > <selective snippage>
    >
    > > Necro is PetsDeadThings (I think that was what I named him anyway)
    >
    > Just *love* the name.

    Mine isn't that great - Lamion (no, not from lame, but from lamia)

    "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
    > <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
    > >
    > >Mickey
    >
    > So what's a good meatgrinder build?

    Mine are As follows:

    Max SM
    Max Skels
    12-14 points in revive
    14 in CE (+skills will do the rest)
    1 in each of the relevant curses
    1 in Fire golem (for reasons I have dicussed here before, he is the best for
    general use)
    1 in Golem Mast

    This is about 80 skill points, the rest you can improvise with, either bone
    armor, or bone wall are good choices.

    Stats:

    60 VIT (now that the marrowwalk trick doest work) This allows frosties and
    Engma in a mage plate
    Base Dex (A necro need dex like a snake needs hiking boots)
    60 energy (to make frosties, sojs, and the like usefull)
    and the rest in VIT

    Merc:

    Rabbi with Insight

    For items, I will give you the best of all cases:

    Hat - Shako
    Armor - Viper or Enigma
    Shield - Spirit or Lidless
    Ammy - Maras
    Weapon - White wand made in the best wand you can find with any combo of CE,
    SM, Skel and BS, CE being a MUST
    Gloves - Frosties
    Belt - Arachnids or upgraded Nightsmoke
    Shoes - Casters or rares with nice resists
    Rings - SOJs

    With this setup, and the Army of Darkness fully raised, this character is
    simply unkillable by anything in the game. Just for grins and giggles, I
    took out my last meatgrinder and helped some poeple off ladder with uber
    tristram. Uber D was down in a flash, and Uber Meph in short order as well.
    I fed him 25 bears, and he just posed for us until he died.

    Mickey

    On 10-Aug-2005, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:

    > I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE
    > lately, as
    > you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured
    > your
    > packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.

    Don't you have that backwards? Heh, CEmod could/would _create_
    packratitis in just about anybody.
    At least until they get that "Character has too many items" error message.
    ;-)
    --
    Not 1337.

    ArtDent wrote:
    > On 10-Aug-2005, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE
    >> lately, as
    >> you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured
    >> your
    >> packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.
    >
    > Don't you have that backwards? Heh, CEmod could/would _create_
    > packratitis in just about anybody.
    > At least until they get that "Character has too many items" error
    > message. ;-)

    Gad, how could *anybody* pick up everything that drops in that mod?!? There
    just ain't enough hours in the day for it. And why would you want to? Heh,
    I find myself spacing out what damn chests I open and trying to string the
    monsters out in already cleared areas before killing them, just so I can see
    what the hell's laying around.

    CE has its good points, but it's in dire need of a junk items filter--or way
    less junk items. I mean seriously, there's little need at all to pick up
    anything but the various choking/exploding/fulminating, etc. pots and your
    odd unique/set item. Hell, let me amend that--it's way easier to gamble for
    what you need in the mod than it is to hunt through all the BS that drops
    for it, so to that end, the only thing you *really* need to pick up are the
    pots. Uh, and the odd quest item, of course.:-)

    One caveat--this is merely the impression from someone who's only advanced a
    character as far as about halfway through A2 Normal, so I guess to make the
    above statements completely above board I should add a "so far" at the end
    of the preceding paragraph. :-)
    --
    chainbreaker

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Guy Smiley <email@email.com> wrote

    >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
    ><mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
    >>
    >>Mickey
    >
    >So what's a good meatgrinder build?

    I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:

    OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.

    You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
    You max skeletons
    You max skel mastery
    You drop a few points into revives
    Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
    You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
    You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110 (if
    you have marrowwalks)
    Everything else into VIT

    And presto, you have a meatgrinder :)
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    > Guy Smiley <email@email.com> wrote
    >
    > >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
    > ><mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
    > >>
    > >>Mickey
    > >
    > >So what's a good meatgrinder build?
    >
    > I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:
    >
    > OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.
    >
    > You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
    > You max skeletons
    > You max skel mastery
    > You drop a few points into revives
    > Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
    > You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
    > You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110
    (if
    > you have marrowwalks)
    > Everything else into VIT
    >
    > And presto, you have a meatgrinder :)

    Yup, only now the marrowwalk trick doesn't work, so 60 STR is about all you
    need. Even Arachnid's is only a 50 STR req.

    This one I have now may be my best ever. He is just marching around with
    sheer impunity at the moment.

    Mickey

    > I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:
    >
    > OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.
    >
    > You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
    > You max skeletons
    > You max skel mastery
    > You drop a few points into revives
    > Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
    > You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
    > You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110
    (if
    > you have marrowwalks)
    > Everything else into VIT
    >
    > And presto, you have a meatgrinder :)

    I guess my build is a meatgrinder, you learn something new each day :)

    Didn´t know, its called a meatgrinder.

    Thomas

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
    <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

    >Merc:
    >
    >Rabbi with Insight

    Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
    questions:

    1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?

    2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
    people talk about it.

    I'm finally getting back into the game again, and enjoying it. My
    necro's only level 17, but is very strong and fun to play, as my past
    ones were. Can't wait to eventually get the white wand and kick butt
    even more.

    Guy

    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
    > <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Merc:
    > >
    > >Rabbi with Insight
    >
    > Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
    > questions:
    >
    > 1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?

    Normal or Hell Combat merc, with Prayer. Give him a stick with Insight word,
    and he regens your life AND your mana.

    > 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
    > people talk about it.

    Teedy bears are the furry critters you find in act 1 or act5. The act5 ones
    you see in the frozen river, they are called Abominables.

    Mickey

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >CE has its good points, but it's in dire need of a junk items filter--or way
    >less junk items. I mean seriously, there's little need at all to pick up
    >anything but the various choking/exploding/fulminating, etc. pots and your
    >odd unique/set item. Hell, let me amend that--it's way easier to gamble for
    >what you need in the mod than it is to hunt through all the BS that drops
    >for it, so to that end, the only thing you *really* need to pick up are the
    >pots. Uh, and the odd quest item, of course.:-)

    Yes, this is one of the things that tends to put me off "hyper drop" mods, to
    the point where if a mod has all sorts of cool balance changes, new items, new
    maps, etc, I still won't play it if it suffers from the "carpet of items"
    syndrome. It's such mods where I don't even WANT an extended stash... most
    things drop so frquently anyway, as you said.

    --
    Oh great, an El rune...

    "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
    > <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Merc:
    > >
    > >Rabbi with Insight
    >
    > Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
    > questions:
    >
    > 1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?
    >
    > 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
    > people talk about it.
    >
    > I'm finally getting back into the game again, and enjoying it. My
    > necro's only level 17, but is very strong and fun to play, as my past
    > ones were. Can't wait to eventually get the white wand and kick butt
    > even more.
    >
    > Guy

    1) Rabbi is Norm/Hell Combat Merc (Healing aura)

    2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
    Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

    --

    "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
    @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
    >> people talk about it.

    <snip>

    > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
    > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
    > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

    Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
    "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

    --
    Marcel
    http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
    > @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >
    > > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    > >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
    > >> people talk about it.
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
    > > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
    > > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
    >
    > Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
    > "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

    I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are insects...
    ....Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has insect
    teddy-bears :¬/

    --

    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
    >> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >>
    >> > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >> >
    >> > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
    >> > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
    >> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
    >>
    >> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
    >> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
    >
    > I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
    > insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
    > insect teddy-bears :¬/

    Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post

    --

    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in
    >
    > > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
    > >> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
    > >> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
    > >
    > > I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
    > > insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
    > > insect teddy-bears :¬/
    >
    > Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post
    >
    > > Orifice, and open the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the
    > > necro heads back to town and back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy
    > > bears and revive them. Head back to the tomb and the necro goes down
    > > first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel, and he will simply sit

    I think in the Canyon, they are called Crushers. In the Frozen River, they
    are called Abominables. They are white and furry.

    Mickey

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in
    >
    > > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
    > >> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
    > >> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
    > >
    > > I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
    > > insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
    > > insect teddy-bears :¬/
    >
    > Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post
    >
    > > Orifice, and open the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the
    > > necro heads back to town and back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy
    > > bears and revive them. Head back to the tomb and the necro goes down
    > > first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel, and he will simply sit

    These guys :)

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-abominable.shtml

    Mickey

    On that special day, Marcel Beaudoin, (mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com)
    said...

    > Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
    > "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

    Ah, the yeti class monsters.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    I think it was "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> that wrote something
    like...

    >I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
    >and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
    >
    >You?
    >

    >short

    Heh, my first new ladder character was an Assassin Rune mule.

    Next I'll be remaking my fireball-frozen orb sorc as I actually sort
    of liked hunting for keys.

    Although, having just gotten back from 5 days of skiing and apparently
    having a ping regularly over 1000, I may just burn the characters and
    accounts in and read a book.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.