Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

So, what character did everyone start with?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:10:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
and I have a Sorc half-burned in.

You?


short

More about : character start

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:30:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My turn boyz n' girlz!

A cold sorc (LilMissShythed) because once you get them going they can
go quick especially in NM and then she can find good gear for the rest
of Clan Shythed and their friends.

Orion
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:25:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

As always, a zon. <g> Decided on a Jab/LF Javazon this time, like my
very first D2 char.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 7:08:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I started a hammerdin cause I never made one before except for the one I
started 3 days before they announced the reset. I think I made level 12
yesterday

Gumby619

Acct: Gumby619

Chars: Hammered_shiite

--
"The difference between pornography and erotica is lighting"

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
>
> short
>
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 7:19:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 9 Aug 2005 12:10:13 -0700, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
>and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
>You?

Bowazon - Level 12 (woot!!)

I always start with a bowazon.

Justin - yea, I am back, at least for a short while.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 8:00:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I knew what you started anyway, I saw you in game :) 


I like the name too!!


short - My Frost Zealot is lvl 19, IIRC
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 8:03:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

shorts wrote:
> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
Lord of Mages, because you can never have enough lag.
--
Zamboni
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 8:18:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

shorts wrote:
> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
>
> short

Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course, but so
far this "patch" hasn't even tempted me enough to log in and get it.
Besides, I've been fooling around with Chaos Empire a bit, and right now
1.11 would break it.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:30:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
>and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
>You?

I have a barb burned in which will be a frenzy barb someday and a
level 20-something summoner necro which in a few minutes is going to
be going after Diablo.

Account is *weretable
Necro is PetsDeadThings (I think that was what I named him anyway)

Made the skellimancer first since he is so easy to keep alive and that
makes him a good starting MF character.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:53:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
> short

A Meteor / Orb sorceress, closely followed by a summoning necromancer, just
in case I need a looter. If she survives, the sorceress's task will be to
find gear for my other characters. If she doesn't survive, the
necromancer's task will be to loot her equipment, and hurl curses and
skeletons at the monsters. :-)

A BO barbarian and an enchantress are burned in, and will start questing
soon.

Ruben
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:59:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Zamboni" <thezambonis@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123628630.552292.228420@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> shorts wrote:
> > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
> >
> > You?
> >
> Lord of Mages, because you can never have enough lag.

ROFLMAOCUB!!!!!

Mickey
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:06:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?

Summancer ESCL

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:26:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

> You?

Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.
--
Not 1337.
August 10, 2005 1:11:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> You?

Well, figuring the idea was to build up a stable of characters and an item
base, I started with a Chanter. Got her to L40 and a reasonable chant (only
points outside her specialty are teleport). She then helped me build a L18
Sorc. She's a designated MFer, but I haven't decided exactly what yet. Only
spent points in the basics (Static, Warmth, Armor, Teleport). I'll probably
go with a MeteOrb or Blizzy to farm Mephy. I'll build a BO slave at some
point too. Then depending on what items I find I'll start on the fun
characters. Some of the things on my list:
Smiter (for eventual Uber Tristram)
Kicker
CL Sorc
Singer

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:05:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

shorts held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com to this Interweb
chatroom:

> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
Trapsin, because I need 1 cookie cutter per season. SHe's 40 and already
sporting a Spirit crystal sword, an uber circlet that Fury found, and a +1
Sin ammy.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:58:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

shorts wrote:
> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?

I've been lured back in for a while. I also started a freazalot, though
I have some experience with them. My second char in the 1.10 beta was a
freazalot, as was my first real 1.10 char. The main reason I'm doing one
again is they're slightly easier to play then most other melee chars
(monster slow, easy blocking) and don't require uber gear.

This one is going for max holy freeze, resist cold, zeal and lots-max
holy shield. I've already tried max frost versions (max salvation too)
and holy freeze/shock hybrids in the past, so now it's time for a more
basic version.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:52:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote:
>
> On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You?
>
> Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.

Same here, for pretty much the same reason.

RelMark
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:02:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
> You?
>
>
> short
>

Started a summoning necro

Thomas
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:05:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
>and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
>You?

Well, I started my weather chick, but playing 6-10 hours per day over the past
few months has been me into severe burn out, so she's only up to level 22.
I'll be perming some mules today instead.


--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

> Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course . . .

Of course. I didn't think you were coming back, so I started a Barb in
your honour. :-)

Jill
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:13:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message
news:42f99892$0$97385$edfadb0f@dread16.news.tele.dk...
>
> "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:1123614613.245998.195610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
> > and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
> >
> > You?
> >
> >
> > short
> >
>
> Started a summoning necro

Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.

Mickey
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 8:22:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

neithskye wrote:
>> Well, if I *had* started, it would have been with a Barb, of course
>> . . .
>
> Of course. I didn't think you were coming back, so I started a Barb in
> your honour. :-)
>
> Jill

You?!?

Started a barb?!?!?!

Hehe, well, thanks--you have my permisssion to name any others Coprolitus,
or any of my other silly names you can remember. And hey, it's good to hear
from you. :-)

I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE lately, as
you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured your
packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
<mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

>Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
>
>Mickey

So what's a good meatgrinder build?

Guy
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:50:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On that special day, ArtDent, (par@noyd.invalidname) said...

>
> On 9-Aug-2005, "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You?
>
> Same old same old. Skellimancer. Best char for us lazy types.

Seconded. I don't even have to look, the skellies do the job for me.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:50:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...

> weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
>
> <selective snippage>
>
> > Necro is PetsDeadThings (I think that was what I named him anyway)
>
> Just *love* the name.

Mine isn't that great - Lamion (no, not from lame, but from lamia)


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:00:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
news:70pkf1lgh1lr1k6u8s843jn9dq8cgb64pm@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
> <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> >Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
> >
> >Mickey
>
> So what's a good meatgrinder build?

Mine are As follows:

Max SM
Max Skels
12-14 points in revive
14 in CE (+skills will do the rest)
1 in each of the relevant curses
1 in Fire golem (for reasons I have dicussed here before, he is the best for
general use)
1 in Golem Mast

This is about 80 skill points, the rest you can improvise with, either bone
armor, or bone wall are good choices.

Stats:

60 VIT (now that the marrowwalk trick doest work) This allows frosties and
Engma in a mage plate
Base Dex (A necro need dex like a snake needs hiking boots)
60 energy (to make frosties, sojs, and the like usefull)
and the rest in VIT

Merc:

Rabbi with Insight

For items, I will give you the best of all cases:

Hat - Shako
Armor - Viper or Enigma
Shield - Spirit or Lidless
Ammy - Maras
Weapon - White wand made in the best wand you can find with any combo of CE,
SM, Skel and BS, CE being a MUST
Gloves - Frosties
Belt - Arachnids or upgraded Nightsmoke
Shoes - Casters or rares with nice resists
Rings - SOJs

With this setup, and the Army of Darkness fully raised, this character is
simply unkillable by anything in the game. Just for grins and giggles, I
took out my last meatgrinder and helped some poeple off ladder with uber
tristram. Uber D was down in a flash, and Uber Meph in short order as well.
I fed him 25 bears, and he just posed for us until he died.

Mickey
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:13:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 10-Aug-2005, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE
> lately, as
> you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured
> your
> packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.

Don't you have that backwards? Heh, CEmod could/would _create_
packratitis in just about anybody.
At least until they get that "Character has too many items" error message.
;-)
--
Not 1337.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

ArtDent wrote:
> On 10-Aug-2005, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> I actually have been playing a bit . . . a little bit . . . of CE
>> lately, as
>> you might have seen . . . and speaking of, if *that* mod hasn't cured
>> your
>> packratitis, then nothing could, hehe.
>
> Don't you have that backwards? Heh, CEmod could/would _create_
> packratitis in just about anybody.
> At least until they get that "Character has too many items" error
> message. ;-)

Gad, how could *anybody* pick up everything that drops in that mod?!? There
just ain't enough hours in the day for it. And why would you want to? Heh,
I find myself spacing out what damn chests I open and trying to string the
monsters out in already cleared areas before killing them, just so I can see
what the hell's laying around.

CE has its good points, but it's in dire need of a junk items filter--or way
less junk items. I mean seriously, there's little need at all to pick up
anything but the various choking/exploding/fulminating, etc. pots and your
odd unique/set item. Hell, let me amend that--it's way easier to gamble for
what you need in the mod than it is to hunt through all the BS that drops
for it, so to that end, the only thing you *really* need to pick up are the
pots. Uh, and the odd quest item, of course.:-)

One caveat--this is merely the impression from someone who's only advanced a
character as far as about halfway through A2 Normal, so I guess to make the
above statements completely above board I should add a "so far" at the end
of the preceding paragraph. :-)
--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:52:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Guy Smiley <email@email.com> wrote

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
><mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>
>>Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
>>
>>Mickey
>
>So what's a good meatgrinder build?

I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:

OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.

You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
You max skeletons
You max skel mastery
You drop a few points into revives
Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110 (if
you have marrowwalks)
Everything else into VIT

And presto, you have a meatgrinder :) 
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:52:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
news:qo4lf1pfeq74t5tfn2gua1t8dfsdp471sk@4ax.com...
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Guy Smiley <email@email.com> wrote
>
> >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:13:31 -0400, "Mickey"
> ><mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Meatgrinders work bettr than pure summoners.
> >>
> >>Mickey
> >
> >So what's a good meatgrinder build?
>
> I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:
>
> OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.
>
> You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
> You max skeletons
> You max skel mastery
> You drop a few points into revives
> Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
> You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
> You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110
(if
> you have marrowwalks)
> Everything else into VIT
>
> And presto, you have a meatgrinder :) 

Yup, only now the marrowwalk trick doesn't work, so 60 STR is about all you
need. Even Arachnid's is only a 50 STR req.

This one I have now may be my best ever. He is just marching around with
sheer impunity at the moment.

Mickey
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:10:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

>
> I just copied and pasted this from a post Mickey made a while ago:
>
> OK, the ultimate necro is the meatgrinder. He is a hybrid necro.
>
> You pump CE so that it gets over level 20 (with +skills gear).
> You max skeletons
> You max skel mastery
> You drop a few points into revives
> Everything else into either bone spearor bonespirit
> You get a rabbi (prayer merc, act2) and give him an insight stick
> You drop about 30 points or so into energy, take STR to either 60 or 110
(if
> you have marrowwalks)
> Everything else into VIT
>
> And presto, you have a meatgrinder :) 

I guess my build is a meatgrinder, you learn something new each day :) 

Didn´t know, its called a meatgrinder.

Thomas
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:14:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
<mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

>
>Merc:
>
>Rabbi with Insight

Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
questions:

1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?

2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
people talk about it.

I'm finally getting back into the game again, and enjoying it. My
necro's only level 17, but is very strong and fun to play, as my past
ones were. Can't wait to eventually get the white wand and kick butt
even more.

Guy
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:44:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
> <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >Merc:
> >
> >Rabbi with Insight
>
> Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?

Normal or Hell Combat merc, with Prayer. Give him a stick with Insight word,
and he regens your life AND your mana.

>
> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
> people talk about it.

Teedy bears are the furry critters you find in act 1 or act5. The act5 ones
you see in the frozen river, they are called Abominables.

Mickey

>
> I'm finally getting back into the game again, and enjoying it. My
> necro's only level 17, but is very strong and fun to play, as my past
> ones were. Can't wait to eventually get the white wand and kick butt
> even more.
>
> Guy
>
>
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:49:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>CE has its good points, but it's in dire need of a junk items filter--or way
>less junk items. I mean seriously, there's little need at all to pick up
>anything but the various choking/exploding/fulminating, etc. pots and your
>odd unique/set item. Hell, let me amend that--it's way easier to gamble for
>what you need in the mod than it is to hunt through all the BS that drops
>for it, so to that end, the only thing you *really* need to pick up are the
>pots. Uh, and the odd quest item, of course.:-)

Yes, this is one of the things that tends to put me off "hyper drop" mods, to
the point where if a mod has all sorts of cool balance changes, new items, new
maps, etc, I still won't play it if it suffers from the "carpet of items"
syndrome. It's such mods where I don't even WANT an extended stash... most
things drop so frquently anyway, as you said.


--
Oh great, an El rune...
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:11:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:00:20 -0400, "Mickey"
> <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >Merc:
> >
> >Rabbi with Insight
>
> Maybe I'm out of the loop as I haven't played in a while, but I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1) What's type of merc is a Rabbi with Insight? Which Act, N/NM/Hell?
>
> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
> people talk about it.
>
> I'm finally getting back into the game again, and enjoying it. My
> necro's only level 17, but is very strong and fun to play, as my past
> ones were. Can't wait to eventually get the white wand and kick butt
> even more.
>
> Guy


1) Rabbi is Norm/Hell Combat Merc (Healing aura)

2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:21:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
>> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
>> people talk about it.

<snip>
>
> 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
> Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
"How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:27:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96AF72B831827mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
>
> > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> > news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
> >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a few
> >> people talk about it.
>
> <snip>
> >
> > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
> > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
>
> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
> "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are insects...
....Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has insect
teddy-bears :¬/

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:31:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in
news:e7KKe.8444$1b6.7554@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns96AF72B831827mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
>> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
>> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
>>
>> > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
>> >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a
>> >> few people talk about it.
>>
>> <snip>
>> >
>> > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
>> > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
>> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
>>
>> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
>> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
>
> I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
> insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
> insect teddy-bears :¬/

Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post

> Orifice, and open the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the
> necro heads back to town and back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy
> bears and revive them. Head back to the tomb and the necro goes down
> first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel, and he will simply sit


--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:31:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96AF748073607mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in
> news:e7KKe.8444$1b6.7554@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
>
> > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
> > news:Xns96AF72B831827mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
> >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
> >> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
> >>
> >> > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
> >> >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a
> >> >> few people talk about it.
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >> >
> >> > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
> >> > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
> >> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
> >>
> >> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
> >> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
> >
> > I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
> > insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
> > insect teddy-bears :¬/
>
> Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post
>
> > Orifice, and open the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the
> > necro heads back to town and back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy
> > bears and revive them. Head back to the tomb and the necro goes down
> > first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel, and he will simply sit

I think in the Canyon, they are called Crushers. In the Frozen River, they
are called Abominables. They are white and furry.

Mickey
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:31:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96AF748073607mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in
> news:e7KKe.8444$1b6.7554@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
>
> > "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message
> > news:Xns96AF72B831827mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4...
> >> "Trammel" <Me@Server.com> wrote in news:1VJKe.8441$1b6.3279
> >> @fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
> >>
> >> > "Guy Smiley" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:o 0nmf1976rq48vgg0pvh9839tililgv63s@4ax.com...
> >> >> 2) What's a "bear", besides the druid one of course. I've seen a
> >> >> few people talk about it.
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >> >
> >> > 2) Im guessing by "Bear", you mean "Beast"?
> >> > Insight & Beast are runewords (Follow the rabbit.... ummm... link)
> >> > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
> >>
> >> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his
> >> post "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".
> >
> > I hope not... because those other monsters in the canyon are
> > insects... ...Dunno about anyone else but I think he's weird if he has
> > insect teddy-bears :¬/
>
> Then someone is confoozled, 'cause Mickey says in his post
>
> > Orifice, and open the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the
> > necro heads back to town and back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy
> > bears and revive them. Head back to the tomb and the necro goes down
> > first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel, and he will simply sit

These guys :) 

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-abominab...

Mickey
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:30:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On that special day, Marcel Beaudoin, (mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com)
said...

> Nope, he is talkinmg about the teddybears that Mickey mentions in his post
> "How to kill Duriel without taking a single point of damage".

Ah, the yeti class monsters.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:56:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I think it was "shorts" <short.shannon@gmail.com> that wrote something
like...

>I started a Freazalot, because I'd never played one of those before,
>and I have a Sorc half-burned in.
>
>You?
>
>
>short

Heh, my first new ladder character was an Assassin Rune mule.


Next I'll be remaking my fireball-frozen orb sorc as I actually sort
of liked hunting for keys.

Although, having just gotten back from 5 days of skiing and apparently
having a ping regularly over 1000, I may just burn the characters and
accounts in and read a book.

Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
!