Opening a Scanjet IIcx

Hi:

Somehow the underside of the glass on my old HP scanjet IIcx is dusty/dirty.
How do I open the thing to get at the underside of the glass?

Thanks
Visit <A HREF="http://www.zona-pellucida.com">The Art of Parenting through
Art</A> for fine art, stories, essays and quotations about children

"Deod" <deod@aol.com> wrote in message

> Hi:
>
> Somehow the underside of the glass on my old HP scanjet IIcx is
dusty/dirty.
> How do I open the thing to get at the underside of the glass?
>
> Thanks
> Visit <A HREF="http://www.zona-pellucida.com">The Art of Parenting through
> Art</A> for fine art, stories, essays and quotations about children

Open the scanner lid.

Remove the scanner lid, and you will find two torx screws.

Remove the to "blankt metal covers" (on top opsite the hinges) using a small
flat screw driver, and you will find two other torx screws.

Remove the screws.

Remove the top cover including the scanner glass.

That it.....

Best Regards

Johnny