raging_redneck

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
I recently built a computer for a friend of mine.
Spec's
AMD 1700+ Palimino 200mhz FSB
Fic AU13 NForce2 board
Kingston 2x 256 PC3200 Low latency
Maxtor 60gb harddrive
Visiontek Geforce4 Ti4400
Apex case
Antec 350Watt SmartPower
Thermaltake Volcano7+ heatsink fan combo
thermaltake case fan
Now the problem I am having is the athlon is running around 56C at IDle and 60c at full load, and I was wondering if there was problem w/ the motherboard or maybe it could be the Powersupply.
My heatsink it cool to the touch when the computer is running. so I don't know what is wrong.
I'm thinking of flashing the bios, but i want to try to solve this problem w/out flashing the bios.I was also wondering if I should sand the heatsink w/ some fine grit sand paper so it will give it a mirror shine, and I could also use some Arctic silver3, but I want some peoples opinions of what I should do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Raging_redneck on 12/20/03 11:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

If you're using a retail boxed amd heatsink, and you're sure you installed it correctly (not backwards), I wouldn't worry. Many temperature readings are inaccurate, and those readings won't hurt your cpu. Palimino's tend to run a little warmer than thoroughbreds. My sister's system uses the same cpu, and mobo monitor reports the temp as 57 celcius idle. Stability is the most important element.