Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bioshock disc doesn't read

Last response: in Video Games
February 1, 2010 3:41:38 PM

My Bioshock disc stopped reading on my computer. The drive's read light is blinking, but doesn't speed up and bring the main menu up. So I went to My Computer (in XP) and with the disc in, the folder stops responding. I'm wondering if this is the disc's problem because any other disc I put in there reads fine.

My DVD drive is a super writemaster speedplus

Thanks guys!

More about : bioshock disc read

February 1, 2010 4:30:05 PM

Have you tried cleaning the disc itself? There are plenty of cleaners out there. How scratched up is the disc itself?

Just for fun, have you checked all the cables connected to the drive (power, data, etc)? You just never know. Also, has it worked in that drive before? Have you tried it in another drive somewhere?

If it is scratched, you can try going to a video game store. Some have DVD repair machines that can attempt to resurface the DVD to hopefully "repair" it. Not sure how well it works though. But, it might be cheaper than buying the game again.
m
l
February 2, 2010 2:35:29 PM

Yes the drive is connected, as it reads other discs like CDs. The Bioshock isn't very scratched, and used to work just fine.
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2010 2:40:03 PM

That's strange. have you tried it in another drive to see if that drive can read it? Did it use to work in the specific drive you have installed?
m
l
February 2, 2010 4:13:35 PM

Test it in another optical drive/PC, if it doesn't work you know that the disk is damaged.
m
l
February 3, 2010 1:54:53 AM

I just tried to put in a DVD movie, and the computer did the exact same thing. So now I'm thinking that it's not the disc
m
l
February 3, 2010 2:07:44 AM

This may be a stupid question, but you're sure it's a DVD drive? If so, it could be going bad. I've had that happen before.
m
l

Best solution

February 3, 2010 2:17:06 AM

Yeah I just read some reviews from newegg, and there were a lot of cases of drives not reading DVDs any more.

It's gone bad.
March 8, 2010 1:00:58 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
l
!