Early Deeds Screen an Unwelcome Sight on New HC Ladder

Murphy's Law reagarding Town Portals

If it is absolutely required and needed that you go through a TP, you
will not pass through it no matter where you click nor how oftern you
attempty to click your way through even if it is your own TP.

When you are walking through town and pass by or near a TP you will go
through it even when you had no desire to go through it and even if you
did not directly click on the TP

The first paragraph applies to me during my battle with Szark, in
normal of all places, and the Spider Cavern has never been a problem
before even for sorcs in normal without uber gear and with saved skill
points. The Cavern has always been a place that I relished going into
and watching the XP line fill up by about 1/2 at that stage and I even
used to use it to also level the merc before the merc XP/ level change
in 1.11.

Of course Szark had other ideas him being Extra Strong and Cursed.

Seemed like he and his cohorts were extra fast as well and was able to
cast some type of spatial distortion around the area that my TP was
open. And he must have had some kind of telepathy with the spinners
that were up around the far corner and able to get them them to run
down and surround me.

When playing anything other than a barb, whom I have aquired a good use
of Leap Attack to escape hairy situations I think I am going to have to
chisel into my mind escape by exiting the game. With 235 life I would
have had an easy time exiting the game before death as opposed to
drinking and clicking on the TP.

People, including Bongo, might mention tele, but I was a failure with
it in SC, except out in the wide open expanse. Not sure if I would have
been able to tele to safety in such a closed area like the Spider
Cavern with spinners lining the walls on either side of me but perhaps
it would have increased the probability of survival. Of course exiting
the game, if I could get in the habit would be a good choice as well.

So in hardcore no matter how easy something is for a while it's like
you always have to prepare for an unexpected change in conditions to
occur somewhere along the way.

Now its back to the drawing board. Sam Kinison is utterly embarassed
and pissed about the new Clan Shythed cold sorc dieing in act 3 normal,
a new record for early death in Clan Shythed.

Orion

LOL! Aww man!

Skellimancer? Why am I not surprised?

TP? I see Murphy's Law is indeed alive and well. I think we should make
a thread called "Murphy's Law in the World of Diablo". I seriously have
to get it in my mind that I am better off hitting escape and exiting
when I see that first click to the TP not working. Heh! Luckily there
was a corpse for your "non-elitist" necro to return to. :-0

Elitist? Okay if you insist! You're an elitist! There feel better? :)

Of course we could be real unsympathetic to each other and say
something like "Well, that's what you get for playing hardcore", eh?

But talk about feeling bad? I got no right. Bongo hit a lag spike or
something and lost his level 24 MF-sorc. Talk about being unfair.

We have got to figure out why Bongo's PC times out every night between
9:30 and 10:30 EST. Probably something like IM looking for updates out
in the WWW or something stupid pinging and screwing up the bandwdth,
processor, RAM and hopes and dreams of all the harcore addicted
faithful.

Till the next time! And the next! And the next! And...

Orion

(Makes a mental note in brain - pencil in "learn to teleport" up high
on to-do list)

Damn I hate teleporting!

Orion

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in

> We have got to figure out why Bongo's PC times out every night between
> 9:30 and 10:30 EST. Probably something like IM looking for updates out
> in the WWW or something stupid pinging and screwing up the bandwdth,
> processor, RAM and hopes and dreams of all the harcore addicted
> faithful.

Could it be MS Office Fast Find? That slows things down bad enough on SP
games (for me at least). I would hate to see what it would do to online
play.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/