FPS drops in games

vikastiwari

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello,
Random FPS drops in games. It runs very smoothly and suddenly drops to about 1-2 fps. The wierd thing is that this happens to Flash players as well, for ex. if i am watching a video on youtube, the fps there also suddenly drops. At these times, the RAM goes to 100%. I just have to wait for a few seconds, and the computer is running smoothly again!!.. I have formatted a couple of times and have tried Win Xp/Vista and 7. But the problem persists. I have also checked for programs that might be running in the background and its not a prob. PLZ HELP!! Its getting really frustratiting.

vikastiwari

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hi,

Here is what i Have

AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
ASUS M2V-TVM Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 512 8600GT
500GB/16mb Cache WD SATA HDD
Corsair 2.00 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate X86

Does this help?

I actually had a Seagate 200GB/8MB CACHE SATA HDD before. I thought the problem was due to overheating of the harddrive (It was pretty old). I changed it to the one mentioned above. The problem still exists. :(.

vikastiwari

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
One more Update - SiSoftware Sandra tells that my Fan speed is 12 rpm (wierD). Rivatuner does not give the speed but the duty cycle is 100%. Do i narrow it down to a prob with the GPU overheating?

vikastiwari

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I actually checked every component in my system one by one using spares that i borrowed from friends. Graphics Card, Ram, Hard Drive works perfectly in other computers. Also, If i add any of friend's cards, Ram , Hard drive.. The problem comes back. So i am assuming the problem is with either the motherboard or the processor.

After googling a lot, i found out that the ASUS motherboards generally have this problem, No freaking idea why..

Thanks for the help anyways.. Appreciate it!!

TRENDING THREADS