New comp and thank Crash

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Just wanted to say thanks about the recommendation for the Abit board (IS7). Sweet board. I just finished putting together my new system. I was using dual AMD 1800's, but after the motherboard not being able to take mp2600's I wanted to upgrade to I decided I wasn't going to give AMD or MSI another penny of my money.

So here's the system I built:

P4 2.8c w/ Zalman 7000cu
2gb corsair ddr400
2x maxtor 30gb ata133
2x digital raptor sata drives
winXP pro (I was using w2k but have read many times, xp is better at handling HT than w2k)
Antec 550w psu
Antec sonata

When I first booted up all I can say is WOW! This thing is completely silent. I was thinking about building a dual xeon box. But I only use Photoshop, where a single, higher-end cpu will be just fine. System bandwidth and disk performance come more into play than processing power. So I opted for a single cpu. And I also wanted to see what it was like not being able to hear my computer while using it. I'm so happy now. I'm extremely happy with everything, except the Sonata isn't designed with a 12x9.6" mobo in mind. Yeah it can accommodate it, but it's a b*tch trying to put it in there, especially when you have a tankin hsf on there like the zalman. And I'm glad Abit was kind enough to at least screw the nb fan onto the heatsink. I just took it off when I unpacked it and left the hs on there, I can't stand nb fans. The only fans I have are the zalman and the 120mm that came with the case. Anyways thanks. Now I can work in silence!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No problem, I still have to get my CNPS7000-AlCu.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>