Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games

There must be alot of stress in Starcraft

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games

Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of exhaustion
in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
South Korean police said Wednesday.

Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by his
last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not sleeping,
refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game
Starcraft.

Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to what
doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.

Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to
play computer games, police said.

Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to professional
gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
devoted to broadcasting matches.
12 answers Last reply
More about dies hours computer games

    "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >
    > http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    > Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    >
    > Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    >

    > SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of
    exhaustion
    > in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    > South Korean police said Wednesday.
    >
    > Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by
    his
    > last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not sleeping,
    > refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game
    > Starcraft.
    >
    > Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to
    what
    > doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    >
    > Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to
    > play computer games, police said.
    >
    > Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to professional
    > gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    > devoted to broadcasting matches.

    Just 49 hours and he dropped?

    Sheesh, he never did cow runs with me :)

    Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.

    MIS wrote:
    > There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >
    > http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    > Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    >
    > Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    >

    > SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of exhaustion
    > in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    > South Korean police said Wednesday.
    >
    > Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by his
    > last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not sleeping,
    > refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game
    > Starcraft.
    >
    > Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to what
    > doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    >
    > Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to
    > play computer games, police said.
    >
    > Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to professional
    > gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    > devoted to broadcasting matches.

    People are gonna kill me for asking this but:

    Did he give anyone permission to loot his corpse - notebooks are a hot
    item in internet cafes.

    (covers head while he ducks and moves out of range)

    Well my day isn't going that great (but much better than his) so don't
    mind me. I just needed to outpour something!

    Orion

    "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > MIS wrote:
    > > There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    > >
    > > http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    > > Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    > >
    > > Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    > >

    > > SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of
    exhaustion
    > > in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    > > South Korean police said Wednesday.
    > >
    > > Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by
    his
    > > last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not
    sleeping,
    > > refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation
    game
    > > Starcraft.
    > >
    > > Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to
    what
    > > doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    > >
    > > Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work
    > > play computer games, police said.
    > >
    > > Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to
    professional
    > > gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    > > devoted to broadcasting matches.
    >
    > People are gonna kill me for asking this but:
    >
    > Did he give anyone permission to loot his corpse - notebooks are a hot
    > item in internet cafes.
    >
    > (covers head while he ducks and moves out of range)
    >
    > Well my day isn't going that great (but much better than his) so don't
    > mind me. I just needed to outpour something!

    I dunno... I had to hide as I was casting inside of town again and hurt some
    guy :¬/

    *looks innocent*
    Ummm... yeah.... natural causes....

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs
    and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "MIS"
    <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in <wQnKe.2937$0d.2284@trnddc06>:

    > There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >
    > http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    > Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    >
    > Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    >

    > SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of exhaustion
    > in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    > South Korean police said Wednesday.

    This seems to happen every year or two in South Korea. Usually it
    happens to somebody playing 48 hours of Diablo II.

    --
    "Fate is like a caged gorilla. If you mock it, it
    will pelt you with dung."

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/

    "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > MIS wrote:
    >> There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >>
    >> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    >> Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    >>
    >> Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    >>

    >> SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of
    >> exhaustion
    >> in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    >> South Korean police said Wednesday.
    >>
    >> Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by
    >> his
    >> last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not
    >> sleeping,
    >> refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game
    >> Starcraft.
    >>
    >> Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to
    >> what
    >> doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    >>
    >> Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work
    >> play computer games, police said.
    >>
    >> Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to
    >> professional
    >> gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    >> devoted to broadcasting matches.
    >
    > People are gonna kill me for asking this but:
    >
    > Did he give anyone permission to loot his corpse - notebooks are a hot
    > item in internet cafes.

    LOL

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote

    >"MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >>
    >> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    >> Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    >>
    >> Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    >>

    >> SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of
    >exhaustion
    >> in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    >> South Korean police said Wednesday.
    >>
    >> Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by
    >his
    >> last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not sleeping,
    >> refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game
    >> Starcraft.
    >>
    >> Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to
    >what
    >> doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    >>
    >> Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to
    >> play computer games, police said.
    >>
    >> Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to professional
    >> gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    >> devoted to broadcasting matches.
    >
    >Just 49 hours and he dropped?
    >
    >Sheesh, he never did cow runs with me :)
    >
    >Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.

    Ah yes, the joys of being an insomniac. :)
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    > "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote
    >
    > >"MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    > >>
    > >> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    > >> Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games
    > >>
    > >> Aug 10, 8:10 AM (ET)
    > >>

    > >> SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A 28-year-old South Korean man died of
    > >exhaustion
    > >> in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours,
    > >> South Korean police said Wednesday.
    > >>
    > >> Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only
    by
    > >his
    > >> last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not
    sleeping,
    > >> refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation
    game
    > >> Starcraft.
    > >>
    > >> Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to
    > >what
    > >> doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.
    > >>
    > >> Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work
    > >> play computer games, police said.
    > >>
    > >> Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to
    professional
    > >> gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations
    > >> devoted to broadcasting matches.
    > >
    > >Just 49 hours and he dropped?
    > >
    > >Sheesh, he never did cow runs with me :)
    > >
    > >Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.
    >
    > Ah yes, the joys of being an insomniac. :)

    A hyperactive insomniac, no less :)

    Mickey

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mickey"
    <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
    flopped and said:

    >Just 49 hours and he dropped?

    >Sheesh, he never did cow runs with me :)

    >Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.

    I hope you're at least sensible enough to get up and waddle around
    occasionally. ;-)

    --
    Oh great, an El rune...

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mickey"
    > <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
    > flopped and said:
    >
    > >Just 49 hours and he dropped?
    >
    > >Sheesh, he never did cow runs with me :)
    >
    > >Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.
    >
    > I hope you're at least sensible enough to get up and waddle around
    > occasionally. ;-)

    Yes... and I ate also. That was when I made level 99 in 6 days with
    GiveMeYourDead on the first LoD ladder. That is called playing to the very
    edge of divorce :)

    Mickey

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >There must be alot of stress in Starcraft
    >
    >http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050810/D8BSUTG00.html
    >Man Dies After 49 Hours of Computer Games

    Being someone who has been battling with ill health my whole life, and with
    two people known to me having died within the last month (and another now
    terminally ill), I'll well aware not only of my own mortality, but of the
    importance of looking after ones self. This man did not die oa a heart
    attack. He died because he was stupid and had no respect for his own body.

    --
    Oh great, an El rune...

    flopped and said:

    >> >Mickey - Record for consecutive play, 77 hours on the FIRST LoD ladder.

    >> I hope you're at least sensible enough to get up and waddle around
    >> occasionally. ;-)

    >Yes... and I ate also. That was when I made level 99 in 6 days with
    >GiveMeYourDead on the first LoD ladder. That is called playing to the very
    >edge of divorce :)

    Good to hear. Not the edge of divorce part.

    --

    > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mickey"
    > <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and

    > >> I hope you're at least sensible enough to get up and waddle around
    > >> occasionally. ;-)
    >
    > >Yes... and I ate also. That was when I made level 99 in 6 days with
    > >GiveMeYourDead on the first LoD ladder. That is called playing to the
    very
    > >edge of divorce :)
    >
    > Good to hear. Not the edge of divorce part.

    She got over it :)

    Mickey

Computers Games Video Games