NTSC game on "hybrid" PAL screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkeborgenser93

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hey.

I'm close to buying a game from the U.S.A and from what I've understood, it is possible to play NTSC games on PAL computer monitors as it is possible to change the frame rate on computer monitors unlike the tv monitors.

My problem is that i have a "hybrid", a computer monitor as well as a tv with tuners. My monitor is a Samsung syncmaster 2333HD. What I want to know is whether or not I will be able to play the game on my monitor, or if it will have an effect on performance.

BTW I use dvi plug to connect the monitor to my pc.

Solution
I think you may be getting a little confused. All PC's work o nthe same resolution ratio ie same pixels across the screem and same from top to bottom also. The only thime these figures change are in various monitor sizes

PAL & NTSC are different picture formats for TV broadcasts and movie release - they do not have any impact on PC games

ulysses35

Distinguished
I think you may be getting a little confused. All PC's work o nthe same resolution ratio ie same pixels across the screem and same from top to bottom also. The only thime these figures change are in various monitor sizes

PAL & NTSC are different picture formats for TV broadcasts and movie release - they do not have any impact on PC games

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.