Closed

How to kill Duriel without taking a single point in damage

Well, as I showed this to people yesterday, I might as well share it will
all.

There is a VERY simple way to take out Duriel in NM or Hell mode, provided
you have a summoner around. When you hit the Canyon of the Magi, kill as
little as possible and get to the correct tomb. Find the Orifice, and open
the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the necro heads back to town and
back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy bears and revive them. Head back to the
tomb and the necro goes down first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify Duriel,
and he will simply sit there as helpless as a mouse. He will not charge, he
will not move, he will simply die like a dog. He is helpless against the
bears because they stun lock him into oblivion. This same tactic also works
well against the Diablo clone, only for him you want the white bears from
the Crystiline Passage or Frozen River, as they have a great deal more life
naturally. Blunderbores or Thron Beasts also work, as they can stun lock as
well, but they move slower and have less life.

Mickey
11 answers Last reply
More about kill duriel taking single point damage

    Hah!

    Now aren't you gonna feel silly when someone writes a post called

    "How to Kill Duriel Without Leaving Town"

    Orion

    So if I'm not a Necro I'm screwed!!!

    - Samiel (never really had problems with Duriel)

    "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > So if I'm not a Necro I'm screwed!!!
    >
    > - Samiel (never really had problems with Duriel)

    Nah, just take one along with you. A necro can handle hell Duriel at level
    40 without any problems.

    Mickey

    Sounds like the Butcher from D1.

    It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs
    and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness:
    "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in
    <4tadnevhtK55jGffRVn-ow@comcast.com>:

    > "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > > So if I'm not a Necro I'm screwed!!!
    > >
    > > - Samiel (never really had problems with Duriel)
    >
    > Nah, just take one along with you. A necro can handle hell Duriel at level
    > 40 without any problems.

    Of course if you don't have a necro handy and you're not a melee
    character with enough life to stand toe to toe with Duriel while
    sipping potion, you must use the open a second portal in Duriel's
    chamber and chip away at him trick. Twenty minutes and ten trips
    through the chamber an into town and Duriel's dead.

    --
    "Fate is like a caged gorilla. If you mock it, it
    will pelt you with dung."

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/

    "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > Well, as I showed this to people yesterday, I might as well share it will
    > all.
    >
    > There is a VERY simple way to take out Duriel in NM or Hell mode, provided
    > you have a summoner around. When you hit the Canyon of the Magi, kill as
    > little as possible and get to the correct tomb. Find the Orifice, and open
    > the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the necro heads back to town
    > and
    > back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy bears and revive them. Head back to
    > the
    > tomb and the necro goes down first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify
    > Duriel,
    > and he will simply sit there as helpless as a mouse. He will not charge,
    > he
    > will not move, he will simply die like a dog. He is helpless against the
    > bears because they stun lock him into oblivion. This same tactic also
    > works
    > well against the Diablo clone, only for him you want the white bears from
    > the Crystiline Passage or Frozen River, as they have a great deal more
    > life
    > naturally. Blunderbores or Thron Beasts also work, as they can stun lock
    > as
    > well, but they move slower and have less life.
    >
    > Mickey

    I found it very easy to kill duriel as a necro by simply casting clay golem
    and iron maiden. This doesnt work in a single player game very well cos the
    golem dies too easily, but in a multiplayer game with a scaled golem you
    have plenty of time to recast.

    More players takes longer to kill him of course, but its quite safe.

    Disclaimer: This was done several patches ago, Im not 100% sure that golems
    still scale with players. If they dont then this wont work.

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    > "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    >> Well, as I showed this to people yesterday, I might as well share it will
    >> all.
    >>
    >> There is a VERY simple way to take out Duriel in NM or Hell mode,
    >> provided
    >> you have a summoner around. When you hit the Canyon of the Magi, kill as
    >> little as possible and get to the correct tomb. Find the Orifice, and
    >> open
    >> the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the necro heads back to town
    >> and
    >> back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy bears and revive them. Head back to
    >> the
    >> tomb and the necro goes down first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify
    >> Duriel,
    >> and he will simply sit there as helpless as a mouse. He will not charge,
    >> he
    >> will not move, he will simply die like a dog. He is helpless against the
    >> bears because they stun lock him into oblivion. This same tactic also
    >> works
    >> well against the Diablo clone, only for him you want the white bears from
    >> the Crystiline Passage or Frozen River, as they have a great deal more
    >> life
    >> naturally. Blunderbores or Thron Beasts also work, as they can stun lock
    >> as
    >> well, but they move slower and have less life.
    >>
    >> Mickey
    >>

    > I found it very easy to kill duriel as a necro by simply casting clay
    > golem and iron maiden. This doesnt work in a single player game very well
    > cos the golem dies too easily, but in a multiplayer game with a scaled
    > golem you have plenty of time to recast.
    >
    > More players takes longer to kill him of course, but its quite safe.
    >
    > Disclaimer: This was done several patches ago, Im not 100% sure that
    > golems still scale with players. If they dont then this wont work.

    Also uber diablo is really easy to kill with a sorcoress and fire wall. Just
    get him trapped behind a wall (cellar level 5 works fine for this) and fire
    wall around the corner. You need a wand of lower resist too.

    Here is the layout

    ----x

    D=diablo, @=you, x=where you aim the firewall/lower resist

    "Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in
    message news:ih4lf1t5glliajld8c7td3ctbcvo3g2o7f@4ax.com...
    > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs
    > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness:
    > "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in
    > <4tadnevhtK55jGffRVn-ow@comcast.com>:
    >
    > > "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > > > So if I'm not a Necro I'm screwed!!!
    > > >
    > > > - Samiel (never really had problems with Duriel)
    > >
    > > Nah, just take one along with you. A necro can handle hell Duriel at
    level
    > > 40 without any problems.
    > >
    > Of course if you don't have a necro handy and you're not a melee
    > character with enough life to stand toe to toe with Duriel while
    > sipping potion, you must use the open a second portal in Duriel's
    > chamber and chip away at him trick. Twenty minutes and ten trips
    > through the chamber an into town and Duriel's dead.

    I just did Diablo twice in NM mode, once for Abe and once for Jabber. Abe
    and I talked about his baby girl while Diablo was dying, Jabber and I just
    observed. He was absolutely helpless. Never got off his LBOD and only fire
    his fire nova 2 or 3 times. A brown golem, decrep and 30 minions gave him a
    hobby :)

    Mickey

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    > "Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > > Well, as I showed this to people yesterday, I might as well share it
    will
    > > all.
    > >
    > > There is a VERY simple way to take out Duriel in NM or Hell mode,
    provided
    > > you have a summoner around. When you hit the Canyon of the Magi, kill as
    > > little as possible and get to the correct tomb. Find the Orifice, and
    open
    > > the door to Duriel. Now someone opens a TP, the necro heads back to town
    > > and
    > > back to the Canyon. Kill 10-12 teddy bears and revive them. Head back to
    > > the
    > > tomb and the necro goes down first. Throw a clay golem and decrepify
    > > Duriel,
    > > and he will simply sit there as helpless as a mouse. He will not charge,
    > > he
    > > will not move, he will simply die like a dog. He is helpless against the
    > > bears because they stun lock him into oblivion. This same tactic also
    > > works
    > > well against the Diablo clone, only for him you want the white bears
    from
    > > the Crystiline Passage or Frozen River, as they have a great deal more
    > > life
    > > naturally. Blunderbores or Thron Beasts also work, as they can stun lock
    > > as
    > > well, but they move slower and have less life.
    > >
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > I found it very easy to kill duriel as a necro by simply casting clay
    golem
    > and iron maiden. This doesnt work in a single player game very well cos
    the
    > golem dies too easily, but in a multiplayer game with a scaled golem you
    > have plenty of time to recast.
    >
    > More players takes longer to kill him of course, but its quite safe.
    >
    > Disclaimer: This was done several patches ago, Im not 100% sure that
    golems
    > still scale with players. If they dont then this wont work.

    Yes, but with too many players, IM loses its effectiveness because his life
    is so hi.

    Mickey
  10. yeah lets use a necro, because we all play multiplayer. great call.

Diablo Video Games