stutter tone when making call?

Gummo

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002

I have had my Verizon service for about a month now and just over the last
few days I've noticed after I key in a number and press "send, I will hear 2
seperat 3-stutter tones and then it will connect the call. Does anyone know
what this means?

TGW

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

You've got (voice)mail!

"gummo" <gummo_dude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have had my Verizon service for about a month now and just over the last
> few days I've noticed after I key in a number and press "send, I will hear
2
> seperat 3-stutter tones and then it will connect the call. Does anyone
know
> what this means?

Gummo

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002

Nevermind. CS was able to fix it by resetting it. apparently I had a "ghost
mail"
"gummo" <gummo_dude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have had my Verizon service for about a month now and just over the last
> few days I've noticed after I key in a number and press "send, I will hear
2
> seperat 3-stutter tones and then it will connect the call. Does anyone
know
> what this means?

Drat... no one had the chance to suggest it was the tap
connection being established to the black helicopter...

just kidding
-Quick

gummo wrote:
> Nevermind. CS was able to fix it by resetting it. apparently I had a
> "ghost mail"
> "gummo" <gummo_dude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have had my Verizon service for about a month now and just over
>> the last few days I've noticed after I key in a number and press
>> "send, I will hear 2 seperat 3-stutter tones and then it will
>> connect the call. Does anyone know what this means?

This one made me laugh.

For that, I give you more info:
OK - dial *86 send to pick it up
type in your 4 digit pin if you have it
listen

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:41:13 -0400, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:

>You've got (voice)mail!
>
>"gummo" <gummo_dude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have had my Verizon service for about a month now and just over the last
>> few days I've noticed after I key in a number and press "send, I will hear
>2
>> seperat 3-stutter tones and then it will connect the call. Does anyone
>know
>> what this means?

Fish

> Drat... no one had the chance to suggest it was the tap
> connection being established to the black helicopter...

Sounds more like a James Bond phone and that was "M" sending him the signal
to establish the uplink for his next assignment.