hi

i bought my new pc about a month ago ..
i got
i7 920
MB Asus P6T
Corsair Ram 3GB @1333
PSU Silver stone 650w
GPU EVGA 275GTX Superclock

i am having a problem that my pc restart while playing games ...i check everything but dont understand what is the problem .. :( 
nothing is overheating everything is working on default clocks ..nothing is overclocked .....
first my brother was playing Mass Effect 1 when thins start happening ....i was thinking something was overheating i increased GPU Fan speed then it was fine ..
but next day i was playing Age of Empires 3 again my pc restart ...then i do some cable management then everything was fine ...
now it is started again after few days ...
i was playing crysis first it was fine for about 3 hours then a restart ..i started crysis again but this time pc restart after 15-20 mints ....
pc is restarting after 15-20 mints while playing games....
GPU max 66c @80% fan speed
CPU max 78c and AVG is 70c for all cores

More about : restart playing games

February 5, 2010 6:53:54 AM

CPU temp is a bit high, i prefer the average to be under 65'C

The problem you describe sounds like a heat issue, but it could be PSU related aswell.

How stable is your voltages? (try an app like HWmonitor to get all the readings, not sure what your using now)
February 5, 2010 12:54:05 PM

here is the image ..
i test it for about 30mints and nothing happen ...and voltages were normals ....
i need a software that makes logs for CPU,GPU and all voltages ...this will help ...me to see what is happening while playing games ..
HWmoniter dont have the option for logs and real temp only make log of gpu and cpu...
Related resources
February 7, 2010 5:48:37 PM

bump ???? help plz....
February 7, 2010 7:19:04 PM

Your cpu temp is probably exceeding the thermal threshold. The thermal threshold temperature for a core i7 is 67 C. Your pc may be shutting down because the cpu temp is too high. Try improving your case ventilation or the ambient temperture of the room.
February 8, 2010 3:45:56 AM

CPU temps are a bit high, are you using stock cooling? i got the same temps on stock, got an aftermarker cooler to bring them down to 55C average, but I didn't experience any issues at those temps. As for the thermal threshold, no, it starts to throttle the CPU at 80C, so no...

When you play games, how hot is the air coming out the back of the PSU right after the restart? Is your PSU at the top or bottom of your case?

The problem with Prime95 is only stresses you CPU and not your GPU. You might want to try something like Furmark to stress it, might be a GPU issue...
February 8, 2010 2:24:27 PM

Usually a GPU problem wouldn't restart your computer, it might freeze up or shut down the game though.
It looks like you haven't even overclocked the CPU? Those temps are very high for stock speed. At the very least pick up some thermal paste and re seat the heat sink. Better, buy an aftermarket fan for $25-$50.
Even if this isn't the problem - those temps are way too high for prime95 on a stock CPU.
February 10, 2010 12:41:45 PM

thx very one the problem was with GPU ....while playing games GPU load jump to 99% ..
!