Sign in with
Your question

Can My PC handle Bad Company 2?

Last response: in Video Games
February 5, 2010 7:12:40 AM

I am planning to buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but the graphics seems too great for my PC. My friend said the game lags on his GTX285, so I am worried that my GTS 250 wouldn't be able to handle the game even on low settings. Please help!

Specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000

2.59 GHz

3.2 GB Ram

Nvidia GTS 250

More about : handle bad company

February 5, 2010 8:54:46 AM

Since the game is designed to run on the consoles a GTS250 ought to handle this game without breaking wind however if the game is highly scalable (I believe this is DX11 title) the highest options won't even be available to you so you don't have to worry it anyway.
m
l
February 5, 2010 9:24:20 AM

I think you CPU would cause a bottleneck....unless they are using PhysX.
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2010 10:06:24 AM

JeanLuc said:
Since the game is designed to run on the consoles a GTS250 ought to handle this game without breaking wind however if the game is highly scalable (I believe this is DX11 title) the highest options won't even be available to you so you don't have to worry it anyway.

Wrong, the game is not designed for consoles. They are two very different versions of the game. To the OP, there is no way that BC2 lagged on a gtx285, unless he had a horrible cpu and dysifunctional ram.
m
l
February 6, 2010 10:28:52 AM

Recommended gameplay suggests a gtx 250.. So you'll be able to play... The console edition is pretty much tuned for the console itself so dont bother comparing it with the pc version as the code is entirely different
m
l
!