Elder Scrolls III locking up on exit

isamuelson

Distinguished
I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. My machine is as follows:

AMD64 X2 4200+
ATI HD3870 PCIe with 512mb GDDR4 memory
Asus A8NE motherboard with integrated sound card
4 gigs PC3200 RAM

No overclocking of any kind going on and latest patches and drivers (with the exception of ATI. Using 9.11 because 9.12 and beyond have killed my frame rates).

All my other games work fine and Elder Scrolls III launches and plays great. But, when I exit out, it hangs and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and launch task manager to kill the process.

I haven't played ES III for a while but I wanted to get back into it. Again, it's not a complete show stopper, but I didn't have this issue under Vista. I have the GOTY edition so I've also installed the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions as well.

I've set the program to run in XP SP3 mode, but that hasn't helped nor has it in Vista mode.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

Solution
This would happen in Oblivion often when you quit the game. It would CTD and give an error. There was a mod called FastQuit that fixed it up and quit under the 2 second mark.

Not sure if this is exactly what your experiencing, but may be worth a look. May have something similar for Morrowind. Although FastQuit was an obse (oblivion script extender) mod and morrowind may not have had this. Check it out, no idea about Madden.

Jamrock

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
This would happen in Oblivion often when you quit the game. It would CTD and give an error. There was a mod called FastQuit that fixed it up and quit under the 2 second mark.

Not sure if this is exactly what your experiencing, but may be worth a look. May have something similar for Morrowind. Although FastQuit was an obse (oblivion script extender) mod and morrowind may not have had this. Check it out, no idea about Madden.

Solution