Stuttering Games

GENER-AL

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Hey all, wasn't entirely sure where to put this since im new to 'Tom's Hardware' so i thought i would put it here.

Basically my problem is, during games (any games at all online AND offline games) i get random lag spikes. The game will be fine for about 2 minutes, and then will randomly start to lag and the audio will start to crackle. This willlastforapproximately1 or 2 minutes, then the game will return to normal for another two minutes before lagging andcracklingagain. As i said this happens on both online AND offline games.

I have tried everything i can think off to solve the issue but nothing seems to work

I have tried using Advanced system care to clean my system and remove any unwanted files and bug's etc. I have tried using Game booster to close down any services and operations that may be going on in the background whileI'mgaming, I have tried running the game with a high priority level, I have tried playing the online games on a wireless and wired network (two different networks), I have tried playing the games in high and low detail but none of these work.

My system specs:

AMD Turion X2 ultra 64

ATI Radeon HD 4570 Graphics 512 MB

4 GB Memory

Windows Vista Home Premium

I will extremely grateful for any assistance with this problem

Thanks in advance

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
1.) what games are you playing
2.) check your temps, i use HWmonitor, i think it works better than rivatuner. both are good tho.

GENER-AL

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Do you think if i did a system restore to about 2 weeks ago it may fix the issue, as it only started 1 week ago?

GENER-AL

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
im still getting the lag/stuttering in game even after the system restore, so i really have no idea what the problem is