need help, RADIUS supported card

hi, i go to Unv. of Illinois @ Chicago, and they provide free wifi
network in campus. by they use something call Odyssey Client, and
reqiure people to use wireless adpter that support RADIUS,
here is a list of cards that support by funk.com

3Com (11 Mbps Wireless LAN PC Card with XJACK® Antenna (3CRWE62092B))

Agere (ORiNOCO Gold Card)
Agere (ORiNOCO Silver Card)
Avaya (Gold)
Buffalo Technology (WLI-PMC-L11GP)
Buffalo Technology (WLI-PMC-L11G)
Cisco Systems (Aironet 340)
Cisco Systems (Aironet 350 PCI)
Cisco Systems (Aironet 350)
Compaq (WL 215 Wireless USB Card)
Enterasys Networks (Roamabout R2)
IBM (High Rate WLAN PCI adapter)
IBM (PC-card)
Intel (2011B)
Intel (5000)
Intersil (PRISM 2.5)
Linksys (WPC11v3.0)
Netgear (MA401)
Proxim (Harmony)
Senao (SL-2511CD Plus)
Symbol (Spectrum24)

i'm considering the Senao card now, because it has very good range. but
is there other cards taht support RADIUS and not listed here?
Is the Senao card good? what do u recommand? i just got a laptop and
didn't get an wifi card yet, and i don't know alot of it. i'm here to
ask all of you to give me some advice.

i do consider range because i want to connect to someone's network
round my house. but i don't want to spend too much money.
the senao card is sold for 60 bucks w/shipping @ ebay.

thank you

--
wenlez

"wenlez" <wenlez.1d7xga@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in message

> i'm considering the Senao card now, because it has very good range. but
> is there other cards taht support RADIUS and not listed here?
> Is the Senao card good? what do u recommand? i just got a laptop and
> didn't get an wifi card yet, and i don't know alot of it. i'm here to
> ask all of you to give me some advice.

I've had a lot of experience with the Orinoco, Avaya, Symbol and Cisco, and
they all work well. Personally I prefer the Cisco 350 cards, I like Cisco's
utilities the best. The Cisco cards can be a little pricey though. You can
probably find a cheap Orinoco or Avaya. By the way, the Orinoco and Avaya
cards are identical, they both use the original Lucent design. One thing to
keep in mind is the firmware version on the card. If you get an old card you
might have to upgrade the card's firmware to make it compatible with Radius.

The Univ. can probably help, you might even be able to buy the card from
them.