Top Ten Multiplayer games for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
List what you think is the top ten multilayer games ever for PC.

for me its:
COD4
TF2
WiC

and that about it ill think up some more later.
Whats your opinion?

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006

Hmm, smells like biased fan boi but i might be wrong.

Battlefield for all those rediculously long LAN nights should be included somewhere as a mention but what astrodudepsu said for an all time cannot be argued.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
^ not at all.

I used to play wow and wc3... but never sc

You just gotta admit that and game that has 11 million people paying monthly is the best.

Havent played any blizzard games in a few months... but i am looking forward to D3

causticus

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I only count a game as LAN party material if you can host your own local server. No trying to funnel several connections through a single residential broadband, and no unknowns popping into your game that aren't physically present.

So here's my list. Hosting a LAN party in just several hours. :)

- Unreal Tournament has been a staple for my gaming circle.
- Dawn of War, with their reinforcement feature, redefined RTS. And the graphics? LOVE IT.
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy. Light sabers. Force powers. Definitely. Oh yeah, there's guns, too.
- Battlefield in all its variations is great IF you have at least 8 - 10 gamers.
- Scorch3D. Nothing like some classic artillary.
- FarCry is pretty, and good, and pretty good.

I miss MechWarrior, wish a new version would come out targeting today's technology featuring quality LAN play. The new StarCraft II is looking good (got to get in on the Beta!). I've also been looking into FreeSpace 2 with the FreeSpace Open mods, but can't provide a review yet.

Cheers,
-Causticus

p.s. World of Warcraft is NOT a LAN game (nor is any other MMORPG). Geez.

Jamrock

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009

Have you tried the Crysis mod: MechWarrior: Living Legends. Not sure about LAN play but I hear it is very good.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
COD 4 definitely, used to play Battlefield 2 and was saved by the fairness of COD 4. Lol used to get 5 kills for 20 deaths on B2 and on COD 4 found it much much fairer and get about equal kills to equal deaths, perhaps sometimes slightly more kills than deaths. Command and conquer could be a worthy rts multiplayer game worth noting. AVP looks rubbish, sorry for being offensive i mean it looks very unfair because of the different races, stupid predators - predators eat their food not use weapons to kill things therefore they should be called hunters, and it looks like it has that crappy battlefield 2 like pound your enemies. "I shoot you in the back and you turn round and kill me after i've wasted a whole magazine accurately on you". Crysis is bad online to, it's a good single player game but people keep moving around too much shooting excessively at each other getting no where, on COD 4 there has never been a time that i have felt that i have been unfairly treated by the game; all the time i get shot i feel that the player who got me deserved that shot completely. I don't usually tend to like games that seem very popular i like to stick to those games that remain in the background like Turok (the new one) but COD 4 and COD 2 were definitely the greatest games that i bought for multiplayer and single player. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is equally as awesome, it's an indoor shooter though and like COD it's impressive that you can kill efficiently and quickly.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i like turok to be honest, that's a bit of a pounder game too, but it has style. The stealth knife attacks are pretty good too, more impressive than COD but takes more time. No one has mentioned HALO 2/3 - why!! That's good since it's easy to play, still feeling some unfairness but prefer it to battlefield 2 which has that stupid cross-hair hit probability even when you've gone prone on the floor and given it time for good accuracy.

IIIM3

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Counter Strike 1.6, or Source
Tribes or Tribes 2
Halo 1
Team Fortress 2
Half Life 2: Garry's Mod
Battlefield 2 and 2142
Day of Defeat 1.6, or Source
Quake 3 Arena, or 4

Definitely all some of my favorite games because of their versitility and ease to play

Status
Not open for further replies.