blankdisc

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2003
Hi,
finally i get my P4C800-E to work. it turns out to be the video card problem.
anyway, i still got a problem. sometimes when i insert a disk into my DVD-Rom, my computer reboots automatically without saving anything. so far this is the only problem.
anyone can help me??? thanx! :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That sounds like a power problem! Your DVD drive probably uses power off the 12v line the same as the CPU! Ouch!

What kind of power supply are you using?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
By the way, what video card did you have a problem with, and what card are you using now?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

blankdisc

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2003
hi,
I am using Antec True 380W power, the one comes with my Sonata case. how it can use 12V power? i just plugged in the regular power connector from power supply, and there is another connector on the same weir which is connected to my DVD-RW drive. It never causes problem. btw, it didn't happen today. i reconnected everything yesterday, maybe it sloved the problem.
The video card i had problem with is ATI Raedon 9800 (not pro version). i dont know it's actually the video card problem or the motherboard problem. i dont have chance to test it on another system. i am sending it back to ATI for repairing. i will let you know the reslut.
Thank you for helping every time.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The DVD player uses a 4-pin connector with 12v and 5v leads. The reason I asked about the video card is because the 9800 also uses a power connector with 12v and 5v leads. In fact, it's the same power connector style.

blankdisc

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2003
Crashman, one more question
Why my system says that i installed 2 CPU? i was going to install Maxboost software from Maxtor which says it improves HDD performence by 60% (i doubt). and it warns me that my system is installed more than one CPU and it can't continue.
also, after i click Alt-Ctrl-Del, the windows pops up. it also shows two coordinates under "CPU Usage History". normally it should be one long coordinate, but i see two seprate short ones which show excatly same graphs. it means there are two CPU. it's weird.
u have any idea? :)

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Hyperthreading is an Intel invention for their processor cores that allows the CPU to present the Operating System with two "virtual" CPUs, each with its own set of resources. This technology allows multiple processing threads to run in parallel on a single chip. Think of it as a "virtual SMP" (Symmetric Multi-Processing) technology of sorts, only performed all on one processor.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.

blankdisc

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2003
Thank you so much!!! black_cat
why i didn't think of this??!! how can i forget it?? so stupid. hehe.....maybe i was so excited that i accidently had two CPUs. maybe ASUS P4C800-E comes with a build-in CPU, then i am sure it will be the best board in the market for long time. lol.....
anyway, thanx for the help

TRENDING THREADS