Spyware?

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Hi all,
Since installing a Linksys WUSB54G my computer continually wants access
to www.kimo.com.tw
has the software put spyware onto my computer? I have used Ad-Aware with
nothing found.

Regards,
Roy.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Hi again,
Further to my last, it now wants access to www.gemtek.com.tw
I'm getting fed up with this!.
Regards,
Roy.

"Roy" <roysquires@takeouthotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi all,
Since installing a Linksys WUSB54G my computer continually wants access
to www.kimo.com.tw
has the software put spyware onto my computer? I have used Ad-Aware with
nothing found.

Regards,
Roy.

Guitarman

> Hi again,
> Further to my last, it now wants access to www.gemtek.com.tw
> I'm getting fed up with this!.
> Regards,
> Roy.
>
> "Roy" <roysquires@takeouthotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Since installing a Linksys WUSB54G my computer continually wants access
> to www.kimo.com.tw
> has the software put spyware onto my computer? I have used Ad-Aware with
> nothing found.
>
> Regards,
> Roy.

Have you tried hijackthis?
It may not have been the linksys software...
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Roy wrote:

> Hi again,
> Further to my last, it now wants access to www.gemtek.com.tw
> I'm getting fed up with this!.
> Regards,
> Roy.
>
> "Roy" <roysquires@takeouthotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Since installing a Linksys WUSB54G my computer continually wants access
> to www.kimo.com.tw
> has the software put spyware onto my computer? I have used Ad-Aware with
> nothing found.
>
> Regards,
> Roy.

This may not help much, but kimo.com.tw is a Yahoo site, Gemtek.com.tw
is a wireless equipment site. Not the usual type of places that
hijackers send you to. I'd still run anti-spyware programs but it seems
more like a device looking for updates and an attempt to set your
homepage to a common portal (even though it may be Taiwanese).

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks all,
It turns out that I have a virus. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Regards,
Roy.