Is fear 2 project origin a steam game?

bubba-ty

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
My son had traded Fear 2 project origin (he never played it, it was given to him)with someone and now they are telling us that the game is useless to them as they "tried to install fear 2 but can not because steam says game cd key is invalid because someone else has activated it already" Is this true? and is there anyway around this? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Yes, FEAR 2 is tied to a Steam account, but if your son didn't use that steam account for anything other than FEAR 2, you can just give them the account (change the password to something generic, change the email, and give them the info). Problem solved (hopefully).

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
From what i have read unfortunately you do need a Steam account to activate F.E.A.R 2 and to play it,regardless if its being played online or offline,so the serial key will stay with that Steam account and will not be able to be installed on another account,the only way around it from what i have read is using a cracked copied game.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Yes, FEAR 2 is tied to a Steam account, but if your son didn't use that steam account for anything other than FEAR 2, you can just give them the account (change the password to something generic, change the email, and give them the info). Problem solved (hopefully).

Solution