P4/Asus P4C800 Troubleshoot

snabjab

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003
I upgraded my old system to the following components- P4 3.0 with the Asus P4C800. Everything is where it belongs but the system will not boot. There are no beeps and even worse, there is no video. It doesn't sound like anything is going on- it's not like the hard drive is being accessed to load the OS, so it seems like it's something with the power of the CPU. Any ideas what the problem might be? The power supply is a brand new True Power 430, so that really shouldn't be an issue. It seems pretty certain that it's not the video and that card has been working fine anyway....so any ideas???? Thanks very much in advance!

Read the main faq posted by crashman. You may have a cable backwards, or with a wrong jumper setting. The board may also be shorting against something in the case. Is your video card a 1.5 volt 4x agp? Is your memory seated firmly? You can try removing your components one at a time and see if you can get it to post with just the video card, cpu/heatsink, and one stick of memory. Also check your power switch lead, and be sure it's on the correct terminals. I've never received a new board that didn't work. Too often the motherboard is blamed when something simple is wrong.

soar

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2004
I have a similar problem. At first everything worked fine. One morning when i turn on the computer nothing happens.

From the mobo faq:

Q. My new system doesn't work; the fans turn on 3 seconds and then turn off, or

Thats exactly what happens but not even for three seconds.
I have tried regrounding the mobo.

"You can try removing your components one at a time and see if you can get it to post with just the video card, cpu/heatsink, and one stick of memory. Also check your power switch lead, and be sure it's on the correct terminals."

Also tried all of the above. I dont know what more to do.

Any suggestions?