Sign in with
Your question

Bioshock 2 save option

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2010 6:45:07 AM

Does anybody know if you have to be connected to the internet during gameplay in order to save the game?

According to Bioshock 2 system requirements, it says "Ability to save game, earn Achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE;". All the options in that sentence except 'save game' require active internet connection.

Can I save the the game in offline mode but still logged-in to GfWL (like in Red Faction Guerrilla and Avatar)?

More about : bioshock save option

February 9, 2010 3:28:11 PM

Found this after some googling time:

"BioShock 2 is using a standard Games for Windows Live activation system, much like other games you have played in the past. That doesn't mean you always have to be online to play or save the game - you can create an offline profile for the Single Player portion of the game (you just won't earn achievements and you can't play Multiplayer, of course.)"

Luck is with me, for now... playing online will choke my aging dual core PC... (playing online = internet connection + antivirus + firewall + windows update + etc. running along side with the game).

Anonymous
February 14, 2010 6:52:22 AM

FunSurfer said:
Found this after some googling time:

"BioShock 2 is using a standard Games for Windows Live activation system, much like other games you have played in the past. That doesn't mean you always have to be online to play or save the game - you can create an offline profile for the Single Player portion of the game (you just won't earn achievements and you can't play Multiplayer, of course.)"

Luck is with me, for now... playing online will choke my aging dual core PC... (playing online = internet connection + antivirus + firewall + windows update + etc. running along side with the game).

Most of what you said was correct except for the part where you said that if you play offline you "won't earn achievements" which isn't completely wrong in the sense that you're achievements won't be saved online on windows live BUT nevertheless you can still earn the achievements.

As long as you sign into windows live every now and then, each time you sign in you're achievements will be saved.
Related resources
February 15, 2010 4:28:06 AM

I can't save my game unless I am logged into WFGL, is it me or
February 15, 2010 5:44:34 AM

number13 said:
I can't save my game unless I am logged into WFGL, is it me or

Can you save your game while logged to WFGL and your PC is offline?
February 22, 2010 6:50:54 AM

Clarification : I just wanted to know if bioshock 2 save system is as bad as Assassin's Creed 2 DRM-save. well, it is not. I can save offline, and strangely, ANYWHERE I want to, not only in checkpoints! wow!
!