Warpspasm

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
I booted my PC the other day and I noticed the P4P800 Deluxe motherboard I have installed gave me 6 beeps before booting. I don't recall it ever doing that before. I think it only did one or two beeps in the past. It sounds like the last 2 or 3 beeps are quicker than the first few, but I wouldn't swear to it. I looked in the manual for the motherboard, but can't find an explanation table for the beeps. I went to the ASUS website and can't find anything about beeps there either. Do any of you know where I can find out what my motherboard is trying to tell me? Everything seems to be working fine, but it makes me wonder what it's telling me.

Also, I turned on the voice post feature, but it doesn't say anything. Does it only work when something is wrong? I expected it to tell me when the system was booting to the operating system.

Thanks as usual.

Warpspasm

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
Rick,

You nailed it! I recently hooked up a USB hub that has 4 ports on it. Before, when I had 2 USB devices hooked up the mobo beeped twice. Now, with the 4 port USB hub connected it beeps 6 times. One for each port! You da' man!