Glenn

Do all the current LG models except the 4400 (which I have) have an
alert that beeps periodically when you have a message or missed call?
If not, can someone name those that have this feature, if any? I
like my 4400 but lack of this feature necessitates upgrading to a new
phone when my 10 months is up shortly. Thanks.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"glenn" <glenns@panix.com> wrote in message
> Do all the current LG models except the 4400 (which I have) have an
> alert that beeps periodically when you have a message or missed call?
> If not, can someone name those that have this feature, if any? I
> like my 4400 but lack of this feature necessitates upgrading to a new
> phone when my 10 months is up shortly. Thanks.

vx4500 does.

vx7000 does. I just upgraded from a 4400.

--

-Jesse

http://www.pixelpages.net/conservativemind

Disclaimer: Spelling & grammar errors are made on purpose for those who are
fulfilled by correcting others.

"glenn" <glenns@panix.com> wrote in message
> Do all the current LG models except the 4400 (which I have) have an
> alert that beeps periodically when you have a message or missed call?
> If not, can someone name those that have this feature, if any? I
> like my 4400 but lack of this feature necessitates upgrading to a new
> phone when my 10 months is up shortly. Thanks.

6000 does

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:30:17 -0400, glenn <glenns@panix.com> wrote:

>Do all the current LG models except the 4400 (which I have) have an
>alert that beeps periodically when you have a message or missed call?
>If not, can someone name those that have this feature, if any? I
>like my 4400 but lack of this feature necessitates upgrading to a new
>phone when my 10 months is up shortly. Thanks.

Some time around Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:30:17 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named glenn <glenns@panix.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>Do all the current LG models except the 4400 (which I have) have an
>alert that beeps periodically when you have a message or missed call?
>If not, can someone name those that have this feature, if any? I
>like my 4400 but lack of this feature necessitates upgrading to a new
>phone when my 10 months is up shortly. Thanks.

On the 4400, do you mean:
Menu -> 3 Messages ->7 Msg Settings -> 4 Msg Alerts and then beep and remind?
I don't think there is one for missed calls, but is there for messages.

-W

Glenn

>On the 4400, do you mean:
>Menu -> 3 Messages ->7 Msg Settings -> 4 Msg Alerts and then beep and remind?
>I don't think there is one for missed calls, but is there for messages.
>
>-W

I have no opition for beep and remind for messages. The only xxx and
remind is vibrate and remind. Seems silly. The only options with
beeps are:

low beeps once
low beeps
loud beeps once
loud beeps

> >On the 4400, do you mean:
> >Menu -> 3 Messages ->7 Msg Settings -> 4 Msg Alerts and then beep
and remind?
> >I don't think there is one for missed calls, but is there for messages.
> >
> >-W
>
> I have no opition for beep and remind for messages. The only xxx and
> remind is vibrate and remind. Seems silly. The only options with
> beeps are:
>
> low beeps once
> low beeps
> loud beeps once
> loud beeps

My LG VX4400, with v11 firmware, does have a "Lamp" option under "Custom
Ring" under "Msg Alerts". That option doesn't make any noise, but will
continue blinking the lamp for a long time (maybe indefinitely). I suppose
you could have "Missed Call" sound beeps, and then have "Voicemail" blink
the lamp afterwards.

Wayne

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:24:35 -0400, glenn <glenns@panix.com> wrote:
>I have no opition for beep and remind for messages. The only xxx and
>remind is vibrate and remind. Seems silly. The only options with
>beeps are:
>
>low beeps once
>low beeps
>loud beeps once
>loud beeps

Have you tried "low beeps" or "loud beeps"? On my Kyocera phone, that
causes a beep every five minutes.

Glenn

>Have you tried "low beeps" or "loud beeps"? On my Kyocera phone, that
>causes a beep every five minutes.

Yes. I haven't visited this group recently but I know when the 4400
first came out this was a much discussed problem. Unless it's been
fixed in an upgrade (like, is there a 4400c?), I don't think it has
such a feature. I do have the latest firmware. When I went to the
Verizon store to get the upgrade, the tech didn't seem familiar with
this feature. It's amazing how little knowledge many of their
employees have.

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <nkq8g01qcia5jtui2ricpam6hg7vevrlot@4ax.com>,
glenns@panix.com says...
> >On the 4400, do you mean:
> >Menu -> 3 Messages ->7 Msg Settings -> 4 Msg Alerts and then beep and remind?
> >I don't think there is one for missed calls, but is there for messages.
> >
> >-W
>
> I have no opition for beep and remind for messages. The only xxx and
> remind is vibrate and remind. Seems silly. The only options with
> beeps are:
>
> low beeps once
> low beeps
> loud beeps once
> loud beeps

me too - my 4400 only vibrates to remind repeatedly. otherwise, it
beeps once and if I miss that, the only notification is if I look at the
phone.

It's my only serious complaint with the 4400.

Louise