Problem: warm system wont startup after shutdown

NightBear

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Hi guys!
I got this strange problem with my system:

If my cpu is warmer than ~20 degrees it won't start...
I shut down, then push the power right-a-way - MB spins the fans and doesnt start... just as if the overheat safety system is on...

my system:
Epox 8RDA3+
Barton 2500+ (with Titan TTC-CU5)
2x JetWay PC3200
Ti4200-8x
Inwin S523 case with Zalman ZM300A Power Sup
Two case fans (naturally ;))

well, i got it all about a month ago together and have been suffering from that once-starting problem ever since...

First i thought it was something with the MB, so i took it back to the shop and bought another one just like it at another place... didnt help.

I took back my CPU for a checkup - but it behaved normally, no probs... it DID start up with another MB at the shop...

I took MY MB to the shop - and there it did start up with their setup too...

I have another Power Sup - the INWIN one from the case - it doent make any difference (though its only 250w)

Bios settings dont change thing.

i tried to flash my bios - there's interesting thing! - it f*ing locked up during flash... i had backups - it didnt want them, said it was a wrong bios for it... huh? had several official files dl'ed and tried em - none worked... I took it to the flash-shop - there after a day they called me and told me that it worked - but they were pissed with my PC cos they never seen so much trouble with flashing 1 bios...
but they finally flashed it(raw somehow... and NOT with a programmer hmm... )
but it doesnt matter really... it didnt help...

so... I really dont know what else to try...
Any ideas?

My cpu works at 33/36 degrees
Sandra burn-in takes it up to 43 degrees..
so, no overheat problem...

I lowered my CPU voltage to 1,5 and that didnt help...

It just doesnt start up...
after flicking the PS on/off and pushing power it just spins the fans and does nit..

(i tried cooling the cpu with another fan - and after a minute or 2 it starts... but i'm not gonna sit and cool my pc with a hair-drier if i wanna shutdown and restart it will i? d*mn...)

help...

sturm

Splendid
Have you tried taking the system down to the bare neccessities:1 hd, 1 stick mem, graphics card?
You could try removing the MB and try running it outside of the case. Put it on an anti-static pad or something. Hook up just the neccessites and see if problem still happens.
Could be a bad power switch.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Vest into a bigger PSU, like a 350 watt.

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.8)
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/720)