Sign in with
Your question

Best Multiplayer Games ever...

Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2003 5:37:25 AM

I played Quake 2 MP for about a million hours online. Then I played Quake 3 MP for about two million hours. But, by far the most addictive multiplayer game for me has been: Empire Earth.

Other on-line games that have consumed a significant portion of my expendable time include:

RTCW
Battlefield 1942.
Red Faction

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't take showers. :tongue:

More about : multiplayer games

April 21, 2003 9:04:37 PM

Serious Sam is really fun. Any of the rainbow six games are great too if you want more strategy and planning.

Age of Empires provided tons of fun as well.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>
April 21, 2003 9:12:19 PM

Unreal Tournament and UT2003 and Quake III and Starcraft and warcraft III
Related resources
April 22, 2003 12:16:28 AM

I love Operation Flashpoint and OFP: Resistance. They are always the first games I install after a format, and the ones I first go to when opening Gamespy. I love them. They just refuse to get old, like some games.

XP 2500+ Barton @ 198x11.5@.185v
Thermalright SLK-800
Thermaltake Smartfan II
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
MSI GF3Ti500@265/570
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Soundstorm
April 22, 2003 6:10:59 AM

the origanl Team Fortress and then the HL version Team fortress classic I still play all the time. Kinda waiting for TFC2 to come out in november even though they have delayed the release for almost two years now

==Is a Processor supposed to Smoke Like THAT?===
April 22, 2003 9:37:45 PM

Multiplayer Battletech (Not the Mechwarrior series)
Everquest
Starcraft

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
April 23, 2003 6:31:58 AM

yeah everquest was an awesome game. i liked starcraft and all but just couldnt get into it

April 23, 2003 5:59:07 PM

Tribes 1 & 2... played those more than any other game with the possible exception of Everquest.

My current favorite is BF 1942... it's even better on the new machine I just built. :smile:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
April 24, 2003 12:42:15 AM

You know, I love the concept of Tribes, but when I bought it back in the day, I think my system was too weak, so I never got into it. It ran like a dog. I probably would've liked it if my system was up-to-snuff.

I like BF1942 also, but it bugs me that it takes my system three or four minutes to cycle between levels. I mean, it REALLY bugs me to the point where I can't play it very long. I even have 512 megs of RAM, but I think the problem is my hard-drive is just too full, and BF1942 is on the outer edge of the disk. I dunno, it plays fine once the level loads, but waiting for the level to load is a biatch.

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
April 24, 2003 12:43:42 AM

Anyone here ever play a game called Overkill, from back in the BBS days? If you're under the age of 30, you probably have NOOO idea what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I've always hoped someone would come out with a modern version of that game...or something close to it.

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
April 24, 2003 5:27:41 AM

Yeah TRibes is another great MP game. I actually bought it after it got played out at WalMart for like 9.99 and went out and bought the Tribes 2 about 2 weeks later. Great concept.

April 24, 2003 6:05:16 AM

call me crazy but I enjoy Medal of honor allied assult. Almost as much as I enjoy Battlefield 1942

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!
April 26, 2003 1:11:37 AM

there's more than one game named overkill, the one that comes to mind right now was a top-down, vertical scolling arcade plane game.

Bleh, tribes1 was great, tribes 2 i didn't find near as fun.

I've been beta-testing planetside for some time now, you should definately check that one out.
April 26, 2003 10:13:22 AM

who makes it? (planetside that is.)

April 27, 2003 6:45:11 AM

FM, Im a Phukkin idiot sorry d00d.

April 30, 2003 11:52:15 PM

I know this has been said about a million times here, but I've got to mention it since all of my other favorites have been mentioned already

- Scorched Earth

first played it my freshman year of highschool, when our school got it's first network set up, memories...

It's all good ^_^
May 1, 2003 4:13:16 PM

haha, you've got a point,namek; but i still think v1.0 was the best out of all of them.
Anonymous
May 2, 2003 8:22:44 AM

Battlefield 1942

on dialup when theres no adsl/cable players
May 3, 2003 4:24:09 AM

I agree, the later version was a good try, but it couldn't touch 1.0

playing with Death's Head and hot napalm was always fun

It's all good ^_^
May 3, 2003 8:26:17 AM

I have just discovered the amazing Black Hawk Down game, this to me is the best OnLine Multplayer, has it all!!!

Funk
May 5, 2003 5:33:19 AM

It is a very good game

-=[ I was walking through the forest the other day and a tree fell behind me. I didn't hear a thing... Does that answer your question? ]=-
May 9, 2003 4:16:51 AM

yah, TFC has been around for years and still FILLS many many servers with 20-40 ppls. Crude looking now...but still a blast!! TFC2 released with Half-Life2?

my sig left me for an Honorary Guru...
May 9, 2003 5:07:20 AM

I thought I'd add americas army which is really fun too. And free.

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 9, 2003 9:36:19 AM

Technically your taxes paid for it, yet it is free to all the rest of the world. Yaaahooo! :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK
May 9, 2003 10:45:36 AM

True! Honestly it's the best propaghanda machine I've EVER seen or heard about. Ingenious if you ask me.

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 9, 2003 5:44:15 PM

Anyone ever play Day of Defeat. This was before Beta3 when they slowed everything down. I used to play that game for hours on end. I forgot to mention it but I loved it more than BF1942, MOH, and RTCW. And it was freeware.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
May 13, 2003 11:02:44 AM

Day of Defeat was awesome.. we played it for friggin ages.
QIII and StarCraft are also some of my favourites, not to mention Medal of Honour Allied Assault and Spearhead.
!