CrossFire and DirectX issue

iamnoob

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Im having a problem with CF(crossfire) everytime I play it freezes after a seconds and I need to restart my com again. I cant play CF at my computer. I suspected the system I am using its Windows 7 so I tried the compatibility mode and run CF to previous system wich is Windows XP SP3 and nothing happen. Now I am suspecting the version of DirectX I am using. Its DX11. My Vcard is GeForce FX 5500 with DX9 but window 7 uses DX11. is that a problem? can CF be played by DX11? or is there other problem I have?

iamnoob

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
yup, i played CF before with FX5500 at Windows XP and Windows Vista and i dont have much problem with it. The problem starts when i used the Windows 7.

Confused Stu

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Think we might be talking at cross purposes here guys. Mousemonkey is referring to Crossfiring when you run 2 ATI graphics cards in one PC where I think the original poster is talking about a game called "Crossfire" that won't run.

Iamnoob - could you please confirm you're referring to a game called Crossfire and, if possible, post a link to a site about the game so we can try to help?

Sort of, it's a bit of both really. The OP does mention the card so I was also wondering if the AGP cards are supported by W7's drivers or if it's a case of a really old game that W7 does not wish to entertain.

P.S I had a few beers under my belt last night as well, so I can see why my question made little sense. :ange: :lol:

dakotablues1

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010

iamnoob

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
hmmm.. i guess its just that my Vcard and system and other does not support each other to run the program. i read about my Vcard and all about Wins7 and also about the games i have installed and i found out that it is really not compatible. Wins7 is a domain system and it wont let me run CF in compatibility mode. I guess (dakotablues1) is right time to upgrade.. but im still im curious why does other manage to play CF in Wins7 with old versions....hhhmmmmmmmm..........