Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can any of my machines run Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 13, 2010 4:07:44 AM

Well my questions says it all.
February 13, 2010 4:09:02 AM

your computer specs?
February 13, 2010 6:56:21 AM

+1 for kristjanmn's reply!

Also, there's an easy way to compare your PC's specs to the minimum and recommended ones quoted by the manufacturer:
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

Handy if you're not 100% sure of your PCs specs, or cannot be bothered to write them here! :) 
Related resources
February 13, 2010 6:59:33 AM

Confused Stu said:
+1 for kristjanmn's reply!

Also, there's an easy way to compare your PC's specs to the minimum and recommended ones quoted by the manufacturer:
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

Handy if you're not 100% sure of your PCs specs, or cannot be bothered to write them here! :) 

u should be eable to run it with max
February 13, 2010 7:08:49 AM

kristjanmn said:
u should be eable to run it with max


Dude, I know I can run it as I've had the game since it came out! :lol: 

I was putting a reply up to adriandude's question, not posting one of my own. In your enthusiasm to be helpful, I think you might have misread my post.
February 13, 2010 7:10:15 AM

Confused Stu said:
Dude, I know I can run it as I've had the game since it came out! :lol: 

I was putting a reply up to adriandude's question, not posting one of my own. In your enthusiasm to be helpful, I think you might have misread my post.

oops, sry
February 13, 2010 4:04:05 PM

adriandude85 said:
Well my questions says it all.

For adriandude85; in leu of sys specs; a decent quad-core, 4gb or more of at least 800mhz ram, and gtx260 or higher, will run the game decently. I can run pretty much any game on maxxed out settings with texture pack upgrades installed, and still maintain 50-65 fps(Crysis,Warhead,Fallout 3, STALKER:Chernybol&CS,RE5Cryostasis,FarCry2) MY SPECS: AMD X3 720(unlocked 4th and stable @3.52ghz) 6gb Patriot ddr2 1066ram(running @5-5-5-12-21-880mhz) MSI GTX275 1792gb.Lightning ed-850watt SigmaMonster Psu-CoolerMaster V8 Cpu cooler on Windows 7 x64

Best solution

February 13, 2010 8:40:17 PM
Share

Yes Dakota, the system you describe WILL definitely be able to run COD4 absolutely maxxed out, with some to spare! However, a quad, 4GB RAM and a GTX260 are overkill for a game that will run on max settings on a 22 inch screen on a 2.5GHz Dual Core and a 4670 (as on my friend's).

Adriandude, just been through your profile and found your system specs:

1 Machine:HP Pavilion a720n
OS:Windows Xp SP3
HDD:200 GB
Ram:512MB SD DDMIN PC-2700
Proc: AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.20GHz 512KB Cache
Video: ATI Radeon 7500 128MB

2 Machine: emachines D620
OS: Windows Vista Home Basic SP2
HDD:160GB
Ram:2GB PC-5700
Proc: AMD Athlon 64-Bit 1.60GHz 512KB Cache
Video:256MB

3: Machine: Dell Optiplex GX-150
OS:Ubuntu 9.10
HDD:20GB
Ram:512MB
Proc: Pentium III 988MHz
Video:4MB

4: Machine: Dell Optiplex GX-280
HDD: Primary:80GB Seconday:40GB
Ram:1.75GB
Proc: Pentium 4 2.80GHz
Video:8MB

The answer is:
PC 1 - No, your CPU might be OK, but your RAM isn't enough for COD4 and the GPU isn't anywhere close to enough.

PC 2 - CPU could cause you problems, but I think the integrated graphics on that laptop won't be up to it anyway. Radeon X1200 by the look of it - not gonna work, sorry.

PC 3 - Bless - used to use Optiplex's at my old work place. Decent office machines, gaming? Not a chance! :) 

PC 4 - No GPU, no hope. Is there a graphics card slot in there we could put a decent £50 card in? Might have a shot.

Short version - you'd need to do some serious upgrading work on any of them to be able to run COD4 at anything more than "looks horrible" settings at a very low FPS. Sorry mate, but you don't have a gaming machine in your collection.
February 14, 2010 5:00:08 AM

razercultmember1 said:
get a 9600gt

why 9600gt? he can give away a little more to get better, i was so stupid that i bought hd4670, but spending a little more i would have got hd5670, first he shoul look at local prices
February 14, 2010 4:36:37 PM

Nope none of those machines will run it.
February 14, 2010 6:33:59 PM

Confused Stu said:
Yes Dakota, the system you describe WILL definitely be able to run COD4 absolutely maxxed out, with some to spare! However, a quad, 4GB RAM and a GTX260 are overkill for a game that will run on max settings on a 22 inch screen on a 2.5GHz Dual Core and a 4670 (as on my friend's).

Adriandude, just been through your profile and found your system specs:

1 Machine:HP Pavilion a720n
OS:Windows Xp SP3
HDD:200 GB
Ram:512MB SD DDMIN PC-2700
Proc: AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.20GHz 512KB Cache
Video: ATI Radeon 7500 128MB

2 Machine: emachines D620
OS: Windows Vista Home Basic SP2
HDD:160GB
Ram:2GB PC-5700
Proc: AMD Athlon 64-Bit 1.60GHz 512KB Cache
Video:256MB

3: Machine: Dell Optiplex GX-150
OS:Ubuntu 9.10
HDD:20GB
Ram:512MB
Proc: Pentium III 988MHz
Video:4MB

4: Machine: Dell Optiplex GX-280
HDD: Primary:80GB Seconday:40GB
Ram:1.75GB
Proc: Pentium 4 2.80GHz
Video:8MB

The answer is:
PC 1 - No, your CPU might be OK, but your RAM isn't enough for COD4 and the GPU isn't anywhere close to enough.

PC 2 - CPU could cause you problems, but I think the integrated graphics on that laptop won't be up to it anyway. Radeon X1200 by the look of it - not gonna work, sorry.

PC 3 - Bless - used to use Optiplex's at my old work place. Decent office machines, gaming? Not a chance! :) 

PC 4 - No GPU, no hope. Is there a graphics card slot in there we could put a decent £50 card in? Might have a shot.

Short version - you'd need to do some serious upgrading work on any of them to be able to run COD4 at anything more than "looks horrible" settings at a very low FPS. Sorry mate, but you don't have a gaming machine in your collection.




fROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED SPECS; #1) most, not all but most Pavilions built in last few years have one PCIe orAGP slot! It looks like @pc-2700 he is running DDR not DDR2, so odds are the machine has an AGP slot. A decent AGP card won't set back much, and even top speed DDR ram goes for pennies. He should shop for Pc4200 memory, acouplea gigs and a DX10 card (dx10.1 if you go Radeon)can be found for under $100.
February 21, 2010 8:09:09 PM

Best answer selected by adriandude85.
!