WUSB11 Linksys problem

unkn2232324

I have a wireless network at home. I need to setup a wep key on the
wireless end (WUSB11). Every time I boot up the icon by the clock
dissapears and am not able to set up a profile and configure a web key. I
know it's running in the back round. Is there a way to access the program
and make changes?

John

g wrote:
> I have a wireless network at home. I need to setup a wep key on the
> wireless end (WUSB11). Every time I boot up the icon by the clock
> dissapears and am not able to set up a profile and configure a web
> key. I know it's running in the back round. Is there a way to access
> the program and make changes?
>
> John

Not with wireless with no WEP key! The downside of not having one wired
computer to manage the router. You can open the wireless connection
from Network Connections, select properties, set the check box "Let
Windows Manage this connection". Then right-click the connnection icon
and View Available Wireless Networks, select your wireless SSID (you
*are* broadcasting!), Connect, and you will be asked for the WEP key.
Once connected, you can *probably* manage the router wirelessly, knowing
that when changes are made to the router configuration and saved, there
will be a momentary outage and then the connnection will be restored.
Maybe.

Note that you need to make a choice between using the Linksys wireless
applet and Wireless Zero Configuration. There can be only one of these
running. If using the Linksys manager, do no check the box "Let Windows
Manage...), and use the manager to set the WEP key. If using WZC,
remove the Linksys applet from Add/Remove Programs.