Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Format
  • Disk Drive
Last response: in Windows 7
September 3, 2010 7:36:40 PM

Hello,
i format my disk drive with out uninstalling windows 7 and it is not removed from my computer.then i tried to uninstall it by entering the cd but it wouldn't work

More about : format drive windows removed fully

a b $ Windows 7
September 3, 2010 10:09:52 PM

You can't uninstall it. Why are you trying to get rid of it.
Are you saying that you formatted the drive and it's still working? that's not possible.
How did you format it? what did you use and from where, cd/dvd?
What are going to use in it's place?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2010 12:37:54 AM

Are you getting a message that is saying that BOOTMGR is missing? There is no such thing as uninstalling Windows 7.

What Operating System are you trying to install/use?
Score
Related resources
September 4, 2010 11:59:41 AM

Some people are buying an SSD for the OS and want to clean off therir old HDD for storage only.
He may want to know how to clean the HHD to be empty again?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2010 12:05:33 PM

You can't format the drive that Windows is installed on from within Windows (it's a bit like trying to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps). You need to boot from an OS installation CD and format it from there. Alternatively, attach the drive to another PC with Windows installed (or install Windows on another drive in your PC) and then format it.
Score
September 5, 2010 8:10:26 AM

no i mean to say that i have installed another window in my another drive , and i have format that drive.but when i starts my computer ,it shows me that i have 2 windows.and when i open that window he said that some file is missing , so this window could not be opened.how can i remove that window fully.
Score
September 5, 2010 8:11:21 AM

no i mean to say that i have installed another window in my another drive , and i have format that drive.but when i starts my computer ,it shows me that i have 2 windows.and when i open that window he said that some file is missing , so this window could not be opened.how can i remove that window fully.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 8:16:40 AM

Ah - I think you are saying that when you boot you get a menu offering two choices, the new Windows and the old one. This is easily fixed, but it depends upon which version of Windows you are now running. Let us know that and someone can tell you what to do.
Score
September 5, 2010 8:28:25 AM

yes i did the foolishness which you mention in your first answer.i have windows 7 home basic installed on my hard disk drive,and i format another drive which contains the same window.
Score
September 5, 2010 8:30:57 AM

yeah you got my point , now suggest me any solution
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 8:43:33 AM

OK. The first thing to do is to make sure that you know which menu entry is the one that you want to delete. Do they read the same or are they worded differently? If they are worded the same then I would suggest that you wait for the menu to time out (should take 30 seconds) and make sure that the computer boots into Windows 7. This means that the default boot entry is the correct one.

Now download the program EasyBCD and install it. (There are other ways of editing the boot menu, but this is the safest.) This program has an option "Add/Remove entries" that will let you edit the boot menu to remove the unwanted option. You might want to "Check Settings" first to make sure that you are removing the correct entry. They will be listed in the same order that they appear on the boot screen. Assuming that Windows is installed on the C: drive this is the entry that you want to keep.
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 8:58:46 AM

or go to, control panel > system and security > system > advanced system settings (on the left side bar) the advanced tab, and the startup and recovery settings from there set the time to display list of OS as being 1s and you'll not notice it.

If you are feeling brave try what Ijack said, deleting the wrong one will be catastrophic.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 9:14:40 AM

I just had another quick thought about that. If the menu items read the same, then change one of them using EasyBCD - that way you can be absolutely sure which is which.

But I agree with 13thmonkey; absolutely the safest course of action is just to reduce the delay time on the menu.
Score
September 5, 2010 9:26:21 AM

Best answer selected by umair hassan.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2010 3:11:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score