Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible to use software to rip my cdkey from my cod4 cd?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Call of Duty
  • CD-Rom
  • Software
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 14, 2010 3:06:44 AM

My previous thread was deleted i guess b/c i was "asking for cd keys" which i clearly was not

my situation is as follows:

i reformatted my computer, clean as a whistle

i did not go to regedit HKEY to get it out before i reformatted (yes i know a dumb move)

i lost my cd key for my cod 4cd so I cannot install the game
-i am not asking all of you for your freeking cd keys unless in some utterly twisted way you interpret the above statement as such...

My question is : "Is there any way I can get MY cd key from MY cd for cod 4 by any means possible?"

-AGAIN i am NOT asking for a CD KEY I am asking for a MEANS to obtain MY ORIGINAL CD KEY

More about : software rip cdkey cod4

February 14, 2010 3:45:09 AM

If you did a full format and reinstalled windows or whatever OS, then no, you cannot get it back. If you lost the physical paper/booklet it was on and formatted your pc, then I'm sorry to say you are out of luck. Also, I appreciate you making it clear that you aren't asking for a key hehe.
Edit: the key is not stored on the cd. So you cannot get it from the disk either
m
l
February 14, 2010 4:33:33 AM

I don't believe you can, so you'd be better to contact EA support (good luck) and see if they can do something for you. If you don't have any proof of purchase then you'll probably have a hard time getting anywhere with them.
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2010 10:15:35 PM

blah bobby kotick just wants my money

in that case should i buy retail again? or steam?

are console commands available in the steam version? especially these?

/cg_fov 80
/com_maxfps 250
/cl_maxpackets 100
/snaps 30
m
l
February 14, 2010 10:21:36 PM

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be. It's basically the same game, just with a different file structure and some added DRM (steam itself). I'd go for the Steam one myself just because there's no key to lose ;) 
m
l
February 15, 2010 2:06:48 AM

Steam all the way. That way, you NEVER lose your key because it's all part of the install and you can obtain it any time within Steam. No more problems like what you've been experiencing.

m
l
February 15, 2010 3:10:32 AM

Just don't have your contact email address deactivate at some point and then forget your password. My father had that happen (never updated his email address after switching ISP) and it caused alot of red tape to get back into his account. Point in case: keep your contact email address up-to-date ;) 
m
l
!