HP TFT screens - dead pixels?

Hi,

I'm considering the purchase of a HP 15" TFT monitor to replace my Pavilion
mx70....

Having had a laptop with a dead pixel before, I'm wondering how many users
of the HP f1523 and it's larger brother the f1723 have experienced dead
pixels?

Si.
1 answer Last reply
More about screens dead pixels

    Si wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm considering the purchase of a HP 15" TFT monitor to replace my
    > Pavilion mx70....
    >
    > Having had a laptop with a dead pixel before, I'm wondering how many
    > users of the HP f1523 and it's larger brother the f1723 have
    > experienced dead pixels?
    >
    > Si.

    LCD reliability at the pixel level is vastly greater today than it was
    even several years ago. A new, flawless display is the rule.
    Nevertheless, at the end of a few months use, I will venture that many,
    if not most, LCD displays have at least one dead or hot pixel. On
    higher resolution displays, 1280x1024 or greater, the pixels are small
    enough that a dead or hot pixel can be hard to see unless the user does
    specific tests like solid primary colors, white, or black backgrounds.
    After a couple of months of use, most users tend not to notice the
    details that a new owner might. One or two bad pixels are almost
    inconsequential in a population of one million or more. Screen dust and
    dirt are far more annoying problems. Video card/chip failure is
    probably the most probable display failure mode if newsgroup postings
    are any indicator. IMO.

Hewlett Packard Hardware Computers